Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
That is bonkers.

Was boat at a shop or a house?
It was at the guy's house, in his driveway. There's no suspicion toward him at all. No big deal. I'm over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 02:05 AM

Spent a few hours at the sandbar near the middle Boca Grande bridge, out of Placida ramp yesterday. I tossed my lure a few times but it's the first time I've just hung out at the sandbar since moving here in 2007. I appreciate the friends who invited me to join them. Lots of changes in my life coming down at once. May spend more time doing this but certainly will spend more time fishing now. #livelikeyouweredying
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-image.jpeg  

Old 07-25-2016, 04:43 AM

207 posts, read 217,815 times
MA: We always pass by that spot and say "we need to hang out there". Beautiful water there. Sometimes it can be fun just to sit and do nothing...

Old 07-29-2016, 08:33 AM

Some memories from my first FL mini sport-season lobster dive.
Went with greatly experienced friends off Key Largo and brought back my two day limit of 12 tails. Not sure where we can get these around Charlotte Harbor but maybe in the clear waters of Gasparilla Pass or Stump Pass?
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-image.jpeg  

Old 07-29-2016, 08:58 AM

747 posts, read 1,012,097 times
Yum!!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 AM

207 posts, read 217,815 times
Looks great Bill!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:58 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Some memories from my first FL mini sport-season lobster dive.
Went with greatly experienced friends off Key Largo and brought back my two day limit of 12 tails. Not sure where we can get these around Charlotte Harbor but maybe in the clear waters of Gasparilla Pass or Stump Pass?
Got to do this back in late eighties while in college as an assistant scout master at a scout base/summer camp in the keys (Lower Matecumbe Key). What a trip that was..We found an abandoned trap loaded with bugs...

Old 07-30-2016, 05:35 PM

Fished in shore today. Started near Devilfish Key catching a couple dozen pinfish for bait since the bait shop had only tiny shrimp. Went into Bull Bay and got one nice 12" Mangrove Snapper that became tonight's dinner. Approaching severe thunderstorm chased us out of there and we headed to the East Wall of the Harbor. My buddy Mark did great, catching 2 slot size reds, 21 and 24 and a 15" Black Drum, his first. I was skunked the rest of the day as we spent the majority of our time hunting reds and not finding them. I received reports from a pro that there are huge schools on both the East and West walls; he and his clients are catching 30-40 a day but I couldn't find one.

We ended the day back at the Placida Trestle throwing live pins for snook but found nada.

Off the water at 3:30. Never got any rain and the seas were calm so it was a good day.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:49 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,787,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Spent a few hours at the sandbar near the middle Boca Grande bridge, out of Placida ramp yesterday. I tossed my lure a few times but it's the first time I've just hung out at the sandbar since moving here in 2007. I appreciate the friends who invited me to join them. Lots of changes in my life coming down at once. May spend more time doing this but certainly will spend more time fishing now. #livelikeyouweredying
when I first moved here I had my boat at stump pass I did a lot of hanging at the sandbars,. then used to have a redneck party all weekend by the gasparilla tresle live bands tons of boats people in the water all having fun last one was summer 09

this was me cooling off.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-9.jpg  

Old 08-01-2016, 07:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Down for 2 weeks and today after the torrential rain went out back with a white twichstick caught 5 snook in the strong outgoing tide. They weren't big so they were released for another day. No measurements taken. A little backyard fun with coronas and good cigars. Love catching in the yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte