Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:20 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2HI View Post
....cant go without tv though...I'm Hooked!!
call me cheap but you used to turn on the tv and watch about 8 channels and always had something good on . now you got huge bills for tv, internet, cell phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 AM

229 posts, read 346,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
call me cheap but you used to turn on the tv and watch about 8 channels and always had something good on . now you got huge bills for tv, internet, cell phones.
Other than Game of Thrones I haven't watched 10 hrs of TV all year. Don't get me wrong...we have C-Link and a pot load of channels, the TV mostly stays on Disney or Nickelodeon though. I am mostly a book reader (still haven't gone down the Kindle route...but I see one on the horizon)

It is kind of funny though...here we pay for a channel (TVland) that has all the shows we watched for free 30 odd years ago

Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 AM

67 posts, read 114,655 times
The thing that is really pissing me off is that they have lied to me 3 times on the phone.....first person told me they were overnighting a DVR box......the next day when I didn't get it they said they were sending it now.....the next day when I didn't receive it..I stayed on hold for almost an hour to talk to a supervisor and they said they would call me back...they never did....and then I spoke to a rep the next day and he said...we never overnight anything...we do USPS and they don't do overnight. They outright lied to me to SHUT ME UP!!! and that is OH SO WRONG to do to a customer....lie to shut me up!!!...that's it...I was done after talking to that rep......that's not how to run a business...this is what haopens when they become Conglomerates!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
The thing that is really pissing me off is that they have lied to me 3 times on the phone.....first person told me they were overnighting a DVR box......the next day when I didn't get it they said they were sending it now.....the next day when I didn't receive it..I stayed on hold for almost an hour to talk to a supervisor and they said they would call me back...they never did....and then I spoke to a rep the next day and he said...we never overnight anything...we do USPS and they don't do overnight. They outright lied to me to SHUT ME UP!!! and that is OH SO WRONG to do to a customer....lie to shut me up!!!...that's it...I was done after talking to that rep......that's not how to run a business...this is what haopens when they become Conglomerates!!!
Comcast is famous for that. I think they hire their customer service reps by how much of a bullsh*ter they are. I've had them give me bullsh*t answers both in Maryland and Florida, so I think it's company wide.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Comcast is famous for that. I think they hire their customer service reps by how much of a bullsh*ter they are. I've had them give me bullsh*t answers both in Maryland and Florida, so I think it's company wide.
Comcast and most others farm out their call centers to India or the Philippines. They will tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. If you call during the day and press the number for "disconnect service" you usually get someone in America with the power to get things done (give credits, lower your bill, ship a dvr etc...). I do it every time my "special price" runs out and they will lower the bill again, and give me free HBO, Showtime and Stars.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
...... consider Fios TV.

Someone mentioned MSNBC farther up the post. Have y'all seen Al Jazeera yet and what do you think? They started it a week or two ago on Dish. Not sure if other carriers have it also
Unfortunately FIOS is not available in most areas (it's not in my area of PC). It is a good option if you can get it, but Verizon customer service sucks too.

Al Jazeera? Doesn't Al Gore own that? I'll pass .

Old 09-02-2013, 11:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Best thing we ever did is drop cable. We were paying $180 a month with Comcast. We dropped it got a Roku from best buy ($80) and now have Internet streaming cable. We pay $35 a month for high speed through centurylink (love them) $8 for Netflix and $9 a month for Hulu. That's it and we still et all our local channels free plus we can watch any tv shows we ever watched on Hulu and unlimited movies on Netflix and Hulu. Cable was such a waste we watched 7 channels repeatedly and paid for 150 and we were in a discounted rate with Comcast. Terrible company..

Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post

Al Jazeera? Doesn't Al Gore own that? I'll pass .
Al Gore owned Current TV and sold it to Al Jazeera. Totally different company that runs the entire channel. I don't think they kept anything or anyone from Current TV. Current TV no longer exists.

Here is an article that talks about the recent launch.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/medi...goes-live.html

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-02-2013 at 03:56 PM..

Old 09-02-2013, 03:54 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,413 times
Quote:
I am coming to the conclusion that all big companies for TV service are not so good here...I had Brighthouse on the east coast of Florida and they were great...no problems....unfortunately you don't have them here on the west coast......Not sure what to do...don't want to start changing around companies cause they get you in the initial start up costs...I have had Direct TV before...they wanted to charge me $200+ to transfer it here to Port Charlotte..so they lost me as a customer.....and thought I would try Comcast...well that certainly was the wrong move.......anyway gonna have to bite the bullet for now...but I DO NOT recommend them to anyone!!!! Terrible customer service .....cant go without tv though...I'm Hooked!!
All tv service companies suck. This is a natural outcome when there is hardly any competition.

Likewise for the same reason, it is the same with cell phones or landline phone service. Customer service sucks and service is never flawless.

Any service which has become commoditized, like tv, cell service, air travel, etc. where little competition exists, always ends up going down the drain.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM

652 posts, read 1,653,229 times
Quote:
OMG what a terrible company.......I have no TV for "5" Days!!! they don't have any DVR boxes!!!!! can you imagine....a COMGLOMERATE Company and no DVR boxes???? WTF !!!!! Unbelievable......How do they get away with this?????? I am ready to throw their rotten DVR box right out the window.........OK Now I have vented...I urge any new homeowners herein the Port Charlotte area to NOT USE COMCAST!!!! they are the worst in customer service!!!!! Go with any other company but COMCAST..you will get quicker service with anyone BUT COMCAST.........ok calming down now....blood pressure is now through the roof.......Ok said my piece...now I will suffer for the next week with no TV.......going trhough withdrawals already..hahahahha

Comcast does suck. You call and try to lower your bill and they give you a break for 6 months and they end up making you pay more than you originally did after that.

The problem is that they are a monopoly and there is no other place to get good high speed internet or great cable service.

I was without cable TV or internet this whole week. They told me to just install it myself and that the service was on in the last 6 months so it should turn on automatically. It didn't then they told me wait 24 hours the switch from the old place didn't happen. Then I get an appointment a week later when that didn't work. At least the installer was really nice and hooked up cable to 2 rooms and had to bury the cable in the ground with a shovel. I felt sorry for him. Oh and they treat employees like garbage too. He said they only pay him $40 for what took about 2 hours, and if he forgets to put a clip somewhere they will fine him $30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte