Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:25 AM

7 posts, read 13,188 times

Advertisements

HI everyone!!! This is my first post although I have been reading on here for over a year. I would like to Thank all for your info and time!!! It has been so helpful to me and my wife! Again, our sincere THANKS!!! Now for my question. After several visits, we have fallen in love with the Rotunda West area. We are renting a home there for a month in the middle of October to November. We realize that this development is Deed-Restricted and we have no problem with that. We absolutely love Englewood Beach and would like to be kinda close to that area (to buy there is not an option- too much $$-We are retired teachers-lol). If anyone has an opinion on Rotunda West, please reply. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, either good or bad! I realize this is a general question, but I had to start somewhere. I checked to see if there already was a post about this area, but couldn`t find too much. I do have to admit that I am a computer MORON! Doin my best! Thanks in advance for all who reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
we are 'Rotondians' (just outside the circle) and we love it..it is relatively safe, peaceful and all good things are accessible withing 20-30 minutes while maintaining the 'country' feel

there are 2 of you ? what size home do you want, pool? and what sort of budget....I would definitely recommend one of the outer sub divisions if you have dogs/like quiet more remote areas.....

Old 09-17-2013, 04:07 PM

700 posts, read 1,819,215 times
Can't help with the area too much but there are certain sections of which I've seen some are better than others. Once you find a section you can try to find out more about the section itself. I think we were looking in the Oakland area but there were other areas where it seemed even better. Large area and your gps may take you around the outer loop the wrong way when in fact you could find your way out another way short distance I know......
When you come down for the visit, plan on cruising the area. It's big with many streets.
Good luck!

Old 09-17-2013, 04:32 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
The biggest drawback that people say when I show homes in the area is that fact that it is so far away from shopping and the highways such as 41 or I-75. It is further back in than most people think.

Here is their web site and a list of the communities.

Rotonda West web site:
http://www.rotondawest.org/

Rotonda, Florida is an idyllic blend of beautiful canals and desirable communities situated on the Cape Haze Peninsula on the south coast of Florida. These quiet and tranquil communities are definitely off the beaten path, providing ample seclusion, and yet 15-20 minutes to schools, medical facilities, shopping and entertainment to offer complete convenience.

If you enjoy the water, Rotunda is definitely the place for you to call home with its more than 30 miles of canals. Fishing, boating, swimming and numerous other water sports abound here. Uncrowded beaches are convenient and easy to access, offering spacious expanses of unspoiled white sand for lounging and relaxation. This master-planned community also features easy access golfing, with numerous courses scattered throughout the local area.

There are numerous communities from which to choose in Rotonda; all featuring an array of home styles, including villas, single family residences and carriage houses.

Heights- is a lovely community that offers fantastic access to local golf course and beaches.

Lakes-this golf course community is situated only minutes from world class beaches, fishing and a marina in Boca Grande.

Pebble Beach-this golf course community is situated in an excellent location, only seven short miles from Englewood Beach.

Pinehurst-a tranquil golf course community with its own clubhouse for your convenience.

Sands-this picturesque community is located directly across from South Gulf Cove and features private, quiet streets and sparkling lakes.

Broadmoor-is a private golf course community that is situated near Boca Grande beaches as well as shopping and dining.

Long Meadow-this golf course community features tennis courts and close proximity to fishing, beaches, boating and shopping.

Oakland Hills-if you are looking for convenient access to golf courses, a clubhouse and ample street lighting for complete security Oakland Hills may be the right choice for you.

Pine Valley-is one of the most popular and neighborly communities, located within minutes of dining, shopping and other services. Along with a golf course this community also has tennis courts.

White Marsh-featuring tennis courts and a clubhouse; this golf course community is the perfect blend of convenience and comfort.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 PM

7 posts, read 13,188 times
Thanks Everyone, for the help! There are just two of us and our dog. Looking for three bedrooms and a pool. Would love to be on a canal that I could fish in, but am concerned about the flood insurance issue. Looking in the 200k-250k range. Just listed my home in New Jersey today (please don`t hold that against me, Jersey was the only place I could find a decent job back in `74! lol). Spent some time driving thru Rotunda when I was down in May. Yes, its BIG! Didn`t really look much "outside the circle". This I will have to do when I get there. I really can`t wait! Do you know if the fishing is good in Oct/Nov? Bringing my rod and a good attitude.....you can have a bad day at work, but you never have a bad day fishing!! IMO anyway! Mr&mrssunshine, Tamre, and daFrogman, Thanks so much....you guys are great!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM

93 posts, read 185,967 times
Default www.fishinfranks.com

Hi mtnman, go to the above website and check it out. This is the best fishing website I have seen and I am 63. Take your time looking at it. He has reports from guides as well as his staff incl. his own. Also lists piers and other places you do not need a boat. Good luck

Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM

your budget is more than enough........my worry on a canal is gators (and mosquitos) especially with a dog. inside the circle the newer homes and nicer areas are to the eastern (Port Charlotte ) half

you have the Heights which foir us is a little sparse and plain, the Sands where we live and the Lakes which is very nice and a bit nearer PC and North Port
I had to laugh at Tamres comment about being 'so far out' we have heard that so many times. its 20 mins to the towns and main shops, 20 mins to the beaches and about 25 to I75..a small distance to substitute for the more rural feel IMO.

round our way we can walk our 3 dogs off the leash without fear of bumping into anyone , they love it

and heck we would hold being from Jersey against you, the last house I sold was to a couple from Jersey !!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Broadmoor,Long Meadow , white marsh and Pine valley are the newer nicer sections

there are 11 pool homes 1800 sq ft + 2000 or newer for sale right now....avoid the 2 in the sands they are way over priced

Old 09-18-2013, 05:18 AM

165 posts, read 336,633 times
We visited Rotonda in the summer of 2010, fell in love with it, and bought our home there in the autumn of 2010. We found a beautiful turnkey furnished home in the Long Meadow division but we viewed many others in Pine Valley, Broadmoor, and White Marsh as well. It was suggested by our realtor that those sections of the pie were the newer and nicer homes. It was also suggested that we buy one built after 2003 to get better insurance rates. We actually view being a ways from the noise and commotion of I75 and hwy. 41 as a plus. The fact that it's a circle does make it a little confusing at the beginning but it doesn't take too long even for the directionally-challenged such as I to get your bearings. The canals appeal to lots of wildlife which makes for interesting viewing and the golf courses are lovely. We viewed homes on canals, golf courses and green belt and chose one on a golf course. The golfers seem to provide lots of entertainment. I think you'll find several homes in RW in your price range. Dogs are very welcome and will be safe from the gators as long as you keep them leashed during their walks. Good luck with your search!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,000,102 times
The whole Englewood area is off the beaten path, and that's what I love most about it. We lived in the long meadow section for a while, and it was nice and quiet. We are builders, and our model home is in Rotonda, the last one left on Rotonda blvd east (although more models are coming again, from other builders). If you like quiet, you will love it. I'm more of an online shopper these days, so being 20 mins from a mall or target doesn't bother me. Rotonda is close to the beach, and the publix is less than 10 mins away. There are deed restrictions, but they're not as strict as the gated communities. IMHO, they're just right. Yesterday, I watched a bald eagle hunt for food and moved a baby gopher tortoise across the road. There's a bobcat that lives in the brush behind the model. It's a nature paradise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte