Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times

Advertisements

We're not sure if we can hack the high temperatures and humidity in the summer there

It certainly isn't for everyone. It was in the 90's yesterday with a real feel temp. of 116. I was just there for 17 days and that is the normal. Chance of thunderstorms everyday, I think I seen lightning 16 out of 17 days. Some get used to it, some don't. Many that can afford it snowbird. Many homes are vacant thru out the summer. It certainly is a pretty area and relatively crime free. Good luck with your search and choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We're not sure if we can hack the high temperatures and humidity in the summer there

It certainly isn't for everyone. It was in the 90's yesterday with a real feel temp. of 116. I was just there for 17 days and that is the normal. Chance of thunderstorms everyday, I think I seen lightning 16 out of 17 days. Some get used to it, some don't. Many that can afford it snowbird. Many homes are vacant thru out the summer. It certainly is a pretty area and relatively crime free. Good luck with your search and choice.
OMG..GAG and this is where hubbie wants to drag me for year round??? SW Florida
United airlines and I will become buddies and kids up north will be sick of seeing me...lol

Old 06-26-2015, 07:43 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
United airlines and I will become buddies and kids up north will be sick of seeing me...lol
Kate, just trying to be honest and truthful, some people like it. Some posters say they barely use their ACs and it's not too bad. Each person is different and if you don't like temps in the 90's with high humidity and a real feel of 105/110/115 in the late spring/summer/early fall than sw florida will be a tough sell. The gulf was beautiful, when I left it was 87 and the pool water is in the 90's.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Kate, just trying to be honest and truthful, some people like it. Some posters say they barely use their ACs and it's not too bad. Each person is different and if you don't like temps in the 90's with high humidity and a real feel of 105/110/115 in the late spring/summer/early fall than sw florida will be a tough sell. The gulf was beautiful, when I left it was 87 and the pool water is in the 90's.
If it starts too go above 80 degrees with high humidity it actually makes me sick to my stomach, fingers swell, have to take off rings, ankles swell and I've been this way my entire life. The husband on the other hand LOVES heat the hotter the better. I say the 4 years in the engine room of an aircraft carrier did that to him...lol. It was in the low 80's here yesterday and he had a freakin flannel shirt on...

We were down in Matlacha in mid to late April and I wasn't pleased with the temps...

Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,094,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Crime in Florida is carried out by 3 groups.

FIRST you have the union criminals, these are trained apprenticed crooks who have served time as apprentices. they will only work set hours and will never do a crime their union isn't registered for thus ensuring work for far more union brothers. they have to give 25% of their proceeds to the union in dues and work for much higher rates than

the non union criminals. there are two branches of these

the licensed handycrims. hard to find. they will often case a joint then not show up for the robbery or if they do its when they want. they work for $15-20 an hour ,often they will easily get caught frequenting their usual hangouts of bars or fast food joints

then there are the unlicensed ones. these have no formal training but can often be better than the licensed ones. willing to work where union guys don't , they work for cash in hand and often leave a crime scene half done never to be seen again. Most illegals are un licensed crims working for below minimum wage.
LOL - you are bad!!
Don't forget their organizer who travelled and worked in 47 states so he can meet them and educate them how bad they truly are!! NONE of them should be allowed to do real work for a living! J/K mac.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:45 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,826,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Crime in Florida is carried out by 3 groups.

FIRST you have the union criminals, these are trained apprenticed crooks who have served time as apprentices. they will only work set hours and will never do a crime their union isn't registered for thus ensuring work for far more union brothers. they have to give 25% of their proceeds to the union in dues and work for much higher rates than

the non union criminals. there are two branches of these

the licensed handycrims. hard to find. they will often case a joint then not show up for the robbery or if they do its when they want. they work for $15-20 an hour ,often they will easily get caught frequenting their usual hangouts of bars or fast food joints

then there are the unlicensed ones. these have no formal training but can often be better than the licensed ones. willing to work where union guys don't , they work for cash in hand and often leave a crime scene half done never to be seen again. Most illegals are un licensed crims working for below minimum wage.
I hope they don't get vacation pay

Old 06-26-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
If it starts too go above 80 degrees with high humidity it actually makes me sick to my stomach, fingers swell, have to take off rings, ankles swell and I've been this way my entire life. The husband on the other hand LOVES heat the hotter the better. I say the 4 years in the engine room of an aircraft carrier did that to him...lol. It was in the low 80's here yesterday and he had a freakin flannel shirt on...

We were down in Matlacha in mid to late April and I wasn't pleased with the temps...
I think you better head to Alaska and not SW Florida if you can't take the 80's

Old 06-26-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
I think you better head to Alaska and not SW Florida if you can't take the 80's
I agree!!! My husband doesn't though

Maine would be my perfect retirement area, with maybe Jan & Feb in SW FL

Old 06-26-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I agree!!! My husband doesn't though

Maine would be my perfect retirement area, with maybe Jan & Feb in SW FL
After the winter we had you can keep the NE, no thanks. Give me sun, palm trees and a good beer

Old 06-26-2015, 04:15 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,633,448 times
Quote:
It's not that bad....I love the heat

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte