Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:18 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,826,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoFL2021 View Post
I'm curious where the closest place is to CC to see snow in the winter. Anywhere drivable or is it a plane ride away? Here in Phoenix, it is convenient to just drive 2 hours north to Flagstaff to play in the snow.
If you are lucky you may see a flurry in N Florida in winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 09:30 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
All is well, spoke to MA off line and it was a misunderstanding. Now back to the original topic. The crime rate is very low compared to where I worked, lived and grew up. And Searay35 and MardiGras remember Sgt. Shulz's favorite line in Hogans Heroes, "I know nothing" and see nothing.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:42 AM

325 posts, read 508,059 times
AZ, I am sure you can catch a flight out of PG airport and head north. Allegiant has good rates some times of the year.
When I lived in San Diego, the saying was you can surf and snow ski in the same day. But everyone I asked that lived there for a long time never did it, even the totally rad dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:55 AM

747 posts, read 1,013,183 times
that "feels like" figure is laughable. we get it here in the northeast all the time.

when it's really hot & humid out, enough so that my driveway asphalt gets dig marks on it from turning the front tires, and when outdoors it feels like someone's blowing a hair dryer in my face while taking a sauna, i don't need a newscaster to tell me what it "feels like."

it "feels like" (&*^%!#! is what it feels like!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:57 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,278,653 times
Are the very high temps and high humidity a little more tolerable if you live within about 1 mile from the ocean in a canal home? Or, if you are out on the water in a boat? Or do you have to be going about 40 mph in the boat? Or, maybe none of that helps enough, and you have to hunker down in the central AC, just like we hunker down inside in the winters here in Minnesota.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
All is well, spoke to MA off line and it was a misunderstanding. Now back to the original topic. The crime rate is very low compared to where I worked, lived and grew up. And Searay35 and MardiGras remember Sgt. Shulz's favorite line in Hogans Heroes, "I know nothing" and see nothing.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Are the very high temps and high humidity a little more tolerable if you live within about 1 mile from the ocean in a canal home? Or, if you are out on the water in a boat? Or do you have to be going about 40 mph in the boat? Or, maybe none of that helps enough, and you have to hunker down in the central AC, just like we hunker down inside in the winters here in Minnesota.
Closer to the gulf for the most part is cooler with the sea breeze. Fishing, depending upon where you are could go either way.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,966,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Definitely a difference close to the water.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:27 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,448,976 times
See post 46 about the difference between Manasota Key/Englewood and Port Charlotte.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
Dear All: My broker has shown me 4 properties located in these streets in PC, [FONT="Calibri"]ForbesTerrace, McCabe, Aschcroft Circle, Sinclair ST. SE. which of these neighborhoods is the best. I am planning to retire there in March 2016.[/FONT]
[FONT="Calibri"]thanks, artdax[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte