Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:26 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Great. There go all the weiner jokes I was planning.
I go on record as supporting your inherent right to make Weiner jokes as they now overlap every region of our society. I am sure there must be a best place to find thread somewhere in here.

Am I in trouble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:36 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
The mod is right here, and since the mod doesn't live in North Carolina, the mod doesn't even know which politicians are republicans and which are democrats. So claiming any kind of political bias is kinda silly.

If there are democratic politicans that you'd like to discuss -- feel free. Just make sure, please, that the discussion stays *local* (i.e., national politicians [Obama, Romney, Bachman, Weiner, etc.] are off limits).

Thanks.
I'm new here, and I don't know who is democrat or republican either. I know a slimeball when I see one regardless of their political affiliation.

I also know that good character does not always translate to effective administration, but I'm pretty sure that bad character is more likely to translate to bad administration. What is crazy is that political parties attempt to label each other as being of good or bad character when we are all just humans under our skin.

And, no, we do not need any more Weiner jokes. Seriously.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:40 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,838,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I go on record as supporting your inherent right to make Weiner jokes as they now overlap every region of our society. I am sure there must be a best place to find thread somewhere in here.

Am I in trouble?
Here ya go (put on your hipwaders before jumping into any of these threads):

Weiner is out

Larry Flynt offers ...

Should Weiner resign ...

Did Weiner send ...

Now -- back to the local discussions .....

Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Yanno... I've lived here for all but 2 years of my life and I don't really pay attention to which local politicians are Dems or Republicans or whatever. It's not really relevant to me.

As librarySue said, I pretty much know a slimeball when I see one. (I'm paraphrasing, of course).

Tedesco is lower than a snake's belly. And it doesn't have anything to do with is (apparently Republican?) voter registration status.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:59 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
[Here we go again . . .]

What disrespect? Burns didn't agree with the Board's policies and quit. Doesn't matter what side of the issue you're on - when a Board of Directors and CEO don't see eye-to-eye, the CEO's got to go.

I'm not a fan of this Board (and I no longer live in Wake) but I wasn't a fan of Burns either and was dismayed (when I did live in Wake) when he was promoted into the superintendent role. Perhaps some of the recent catastrophe could have been averted had an earlier Board had the wisdom to look outside and not perpetuate a troubled status quo sorely in need of change by simply promoting an insider.
Del Burns completely turned around Millbrook HS.

I agree with his resignation when the new board and he had a fundamental conflict. However, considering his contribution to schools in Wake, the board could at least have let Dr. Burns finish out his notice instead of taking him out immediately on paid leave.

Total disrespect for a loyal educator.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,092,226 times
The fact that the man speaks in business cliches and political sound bytes does it for me. I have been to many a meeting to see him in action. It tells me he has nothing original or sincere to say. Whoop de do if he's done some community service; I don't have enough trust in him to think he's doing that for any reason other than to pad his resume and further his political aspirations. I don't need perfect grammar or communication skills, I just need someone who has something original to say and to do so sincerely, in their own words.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Here ya go (put on your hipwaders before jumping into any of these threads):

Weiner is out

Larry Flynt offers ...

Should Weiner resign ...

Did Weiner send ...

Now -- back to the local discussions .....
I had faith you would not dissapoint and you didn't. A clever response as I expected I have no interest in discussing that topic but since it was CHTransplant I felt compelled to chime in.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I go on record as supporting your inherent right to make Weiner jokes as they now overlap every region of our society. I am sure there must be a best place to find thread somewhere in here.\\
I can't even imagine what the NYC boards are saying about him (poor thing--a "sex scandal" without even any sex! How'd you like to have THAT be what jettisoned your career).

To bring it local, maybe they can hire Weiner for one of the school board positions or other related now--having actual hands-on dealing with the Wake county schools and the kids and teachers therein seems quite far down the list of criteria these days.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I can't even imagine what the NYC boards are saying about him (poor thing--a "sex scandal" without even any sex! How'd you like to have THAT be what jettisoned your career).

To bring it local, maybe they can hire Weiner for one of the school board positions or other related now--having actual hands-on dealing with the Wake county schools and the kids and teachers therein seems quite far down the list of criteria these days.
You may want to rethink this post and the wording of

Old 06-17-2011, 11:59 AM

The reality is if you don't like Tedesco or his education group you won't follow them. If you do you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary