Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about! He also trolls Durham city official instagram account. You always see him rant about glory days, reverse racism and other white grievance topics. I once clicked on his account and all his feed was about mailboxes that he created and installed.

It's his car and he can do whatever to it. But, I always found it interesting that some of "trades" people do this to their cars. Aren't they losing out $$$? Especially here in Triangle? If this guy was a contractor and showed up like this at my door, I'd probably power through the meeting and take his quote, but I would never hire him. I would not feel comfortable this person parking in my neighborhood, let alone be in my house. He probably won't come into my house either, cause I have a Warren ( it's old I know I should take it out), Biden/Harris and BLM yard signs and a huge ass rainbow flag.
There was a viral video from a few months back of a carpenter/some tradesman showing up at a home to do work in TN I believe. Dude rolls up (caught on Ring Doorbell cam) in a pickup with a gigantic traitor flag flying from the B-Pillar. Homeowners, who were Black, come out and were like "we're good man. Thanks for coming out. We're going to find someone else to do the work".

Hilarious. Capitalistic Free Market strikes again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 10:18 AM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
There was a viral video from a few months back of a carpenter/some tradesman showing up at a home to do work in TN I believe. Dude rolls up (caught on Ring Doorbell cam) in a pickup with a gigantic traitor flag flying from the B-Pillar. Homeowners, who were Black, come out and were like "we're good man. Thanks for coming out. We're going to find someone else to do the work".

haha. Looks like their marketing strategy is really paying off.

Last edited by HatchChile; 10-14-2020 at 10:30 AM..

Old 10-14-2020, 03:21 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about! He also trolls Durham city official instagram account. You always see him rant about glory days, reverse racism and other white grievance topics. I once clicked on his account and all his feed was about mailboxes that he created and installed.

It's his car and he can do whatever to it. But, I always found it interesting that some of "trades" people do this to their cars. Aren't they losing out $$$? Especially here in Triangle? If this guy was a contractor and showed up like this at my door, I'd probably power through the meeting and take his quote, but I would never hire him. I would not feel comfortable this person parking in my neighborhood, let alone be in my house. He probably won't come into my house either, cause I have a Warren ( it's old I know I should take it out), Biden/Harris and BLM yard signs and a huge ass rainbow flag.
Haha! Yeah that guy is something else. I think Facebook banned him entirely.

Old 10-14-2020, 05:44 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Not sure why the image didn't show in the first post
https://imgur.com/a/B4bKJid
I’m surprised you could see all of that. The Black on Black makes it look hard to stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Oof.

There used to be this contingent of old school Durham residents vocally opposed to more progressive Durham who would troll Charlie Reece's personal FB (especially this one weird guy who sold designer mailboxes). This reminds me of those people.
I wonder if they all live in the Northeastern sections of Durham. I’ve been seeing a couple of Confederate flags on Geer St. and Red Mill Rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post

Old 10-15-2020, 05:05 PM

My neighborhood is being overrun by copperheads.
Seriously, some days we have numerous posts in our FB group about copperheads in front of houses.
I saw a huge dead one myself today.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:23 AM

16 posts, read 6,734 times
Quote:
Seriously, some days we have numerous posts in our FB group about copperheads in front of houses.
Yikes. How does one go about killing those in the suburbs?

Please no hippie let them live garbage. I have 2 little dogs and toddler. If I see Venemous snakes, they will be eradicated. If the snakes have problem, they can evolve a few million years up the food chain and do something about it. Until then...

Old 10-16-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdad1234 View Post
Yikes. How does one go about killing those in the suburbs?

Please no hippie let them live garbage. I have 2 little dogs and toddler. If I see Venemous snakes, they will be eradicated. If the snakes have problem, they can evolve a few million years up the food chain and do something about it. Until then...
I'm a let them live person generally, but shovels.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:29 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Somebody took a photo the other day of a huge Copperhead on the beach at Oak Island. He was right in the surf. That’s a scary thought.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:42 AM

130 posts, read 109,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Somebody took a photo the other day of a huge Copperhead on the beach at Oak Island. He was right in the surf. That’s a scary thought.
Dang.....alligators emerging from the surf and now copperhead snakes. Going to the beach will be like going on a safari now.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:48 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh72 View Post
Dang.....alligators emerging
Wat?!

I know this is the case in Costa Rica and Aus, but here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary