Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM

799 posts, read 3,228,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
NRG, I know it's off topic but does your camera eliminate red eye?
I'd like to know, too! Mine does NOT, though it has a mechanism for it.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:41 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
I love this topic! Or should I say 'off topic'. Because if I was on topic I would be discussing housing, schools, drought, HOA's, schools, schools, home prices, schools, supermarkets, hard roll bakeries, OK so there is a trend here but we will leave that for the 'topic' threads. But now I would like to discuss winter weather in NC.

It appears that if your not from NC and looking to move here its always warm and sunny in NC even at night..? The sunny part I get, coming from the northeast and having up to 2, yes 2 weeks of solid clouds in the winter months this is heaven or at least heaven at a much lower altitude. But it does get cold here and yes it does snow. I would not trade this winter weather for anything the northern winter offers. I'd much rather drive to ski and fall down than to have the snow come to where I live and let me fall down trying to ski! If I want to ice skate I can go to an indoor ring, perfect! If I want to scrap ice from a window I can rinse a drinking glass off with water and place it in the freezer and in an hour or two I can sit in my warm house and scrap the ice from the Glass! Have not figured out the Ice fishing part yet but I kind of got use to sitting on the banks of the partially full Falls Lake and casting a line or two in without a man made plastic hut around trying to keep the ice cold winds off me. And as an added bonus I'm sitting on dry land with the occasion sound of a boat or two and not the sound of cracking ice praying that it was not under me!

So yes NC does have a winter complete with cold, ice, snow, and mostly SUN!

Have a great NC winter day!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 PM

61 posts, read 165,789 times
Default Starting real estate school this weekend

At JY Monk on Creedmoor, and I noticed that there are quite a few agents that post here.

If any of you would like to offer any helpful advice to a Triangle newcomer I'd gladly receive

Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqtonik View Post
At JY Monk on Creedmoor, and I noticed that there are quite a few agents that post here.

If any of you would like to offer any helpful advice to a Triangle newcomer I'd gladly receive
You will get fat if you never sell a house.
Everyone plies us with chow. Fat chow. Lots of it.

Seriously, they do.

More seriously, Who is your instructor at JY Monk?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 PM

61 posts, read 165,789 times
My guess is it will be Janice. As much as she stressed taking it from someone new, I am only able to take it on the weekends

Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Anybody do the Krispy Kreme Challenge Today?

I skipped it this year, but who knows what next year holds!

They raised $20K for charity!

History of the Race
"In 2004, NC State Sophomore Chris McCoy came up with a challenge. He would gather some friends at the NC State belltower and begin a run toward downtown Raleigh. His jog would take him two miles downhill to the Raleigh Krispy Kreme bakery. There they would each consume 1 dozen of the legendary hot glazed doughnuts. The group would then run back to the belltower to finish the race."

All in less than an hour.

More info here:
Krispy Kreme Challenge
Thousands Met the Krispy Kreme Challenge :: WRAL.com

Unrelated website, but kind of funny anyway!
Sunday River | Wife Carrying Championships
I stopped at KK a couple of weeks ago, and got two of those babies right off the conveyor.
Wolfed them down, pun intended, and have to say, I admire anyone who can do the KK Challenge.
Lord have mercy...

I blogged about this last year, and some nerd got on and commented, "That doesn't seem very healthy, does it?"

"31 minutes, 20 seconds" This kid is amazing! Thousands Met the Krispy Kreme Challenge :: WRAL.com

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-26-2008 at 04:33 PM..

Old 01-26-2008, 05:27 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,131,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You will get fat if you never sell a house.
Everyone plies us with chow. Fat chow. Lots of it.

Seriously, they do.

More seriously, Who is your instructor at JY Monk?
So true...the food and drinks are what I remember best from my real estate days. Ahh...the good old days....

Old 01-26-2008, 06:20 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,062,032 times
That slideshow of the KK Challenge is priceless! Thanks for posting the link, Mike.

I can't imagine shoving a dozen donuts down my throat, but it's the idea of running two miles uphill aftereards that really makes me feel sick to my stomach. What a wacky bunch of people!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
That slideshow of the KK Challenge is priceless! Thanks for posting the link, Mike.

I can't imagine shoving a dozen donuts down my throat, but it's the idea of running two miles uphill aftereards that really makes me feel sick to my stomach. What a wacky bunch of people!

Credit to North Raleigh Guy...
I thought I was posting the last photo in the slide show.

Hmmmm.
Where did his post go???

Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
I got an 'off-topic' topic to-pic! What will You do with the government sponsored check you will be getting. $600 for single tax payers and up to $1200 for married couples and several hundred more for each child. I have thought about this windfall of sorts and thought some more, I slept on it and tossed and turned on it. I woke up on it and dozed off on it. I discussed it with friends and strangers and family too. I asked when will it come, will it be a check or a debit card? Will it increase my personal wealth or bite me in my 2008 Income taxes? But what will I purchase? Who will I be saving when I run out at brake neck pace to spend, spend, spend it?

$600 - $1200 dollars. Hmmm. I can buy a flat screen TV if I add some of my own money so that don't work. I can buy a Washer or Dryer but that will only take me to the cleaners. I can buy a house with it.....but that won't even cover the loan origination fees. I can purchase a coat, hat and gloves and have change left for a burger or Taco or even a Roast Beef sandwich. But then again in May or June will I really need a coat, hat and gloves, maybe if I'm heading up north but then again that won't work because I would not have money left for the gas to get me there. I can buy an airline ticket to somewhere but not have the money to spend while I'm there. I can buy a shrub or two and a shovel, rake, and maybe a wheel barrel but then again no water to water it after I planted them....oh I can buy a car but then again I can't afford the extra insurance on a newer car.
Drat! Double Drat!! Triple Double Drat!! ...and that a lot of drats!

So then I turned my attention to the money, Oh the money, the money I am suppose to be so excited about. The money that will save the economy and keep everyone happy. Yes the money. But wait, that money came from my paychecks over the years.....I gave thousands per year and I get back $600 to $1200. WOW! New meaning to the old term voo-do economics. My new found wealth, its staggering, simply frugal even!

Maybe just maybe what I will do is return it to sender with a simple note saying thanks but no thanks you have far more bills to pay than I. Use it wisely so my kids and their kids can still call this the greatest country of them all!

A band-aide protects a scratch, stitches seals and protects cuts! Use my money as a stitch to seal and protects all the cuts you made to get us where we are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary