Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,123,820 times

Advertisements

For those of you who live in small, rural areas or want to move to small, rural areas, come visit the rural life thread here in the main NC forum:
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...nterested.html

All are welcome, so y'all come on and visit us, hear?

Old 01-01-2008, 12:41 PM

615 posts, read 1,504,098 times
Hey Giapn!! Remember me?(newmom5497 from NJ..I'm teaching in Johnston County also)

How is your teaching job going? We have not bought a house yet..still looking...but our lease is not up until Aug. so we are locked in anyway until then. I love my 3rd grade job in Southern Johnston County.

Glad to hear you bought a nice house. Let me know how your job is going.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:02 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
Did anyone go to First Night in Raleigh and can you share your experience. We were not able to make it but would like to next year and would like to hear how this years was? Thanks!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,870 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!
Hope 2008 is GREAT for you.

Char

Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Can we proclaim winter is now over here in RaLeIgH?

Triangle Weather - Local Forecasts and Radar from WRAL.com

I like this 5 day a lot better than this past weeks 5 day!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:15 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,062,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Can we proclaim winter is now over here in RaLeIgH?

Triangle Weather - Local Forecasts and Radar from WRAL.com

I like this 5 day a lot better than this past weeks 5 day!

Nope, winter isn't over quite yet. But you better believe I'm taking advantage of that heat wave next week! I painted the dining room during last month's warm spell & this time I'm tackling the downstairs hallway and upstairs landing (and possibly even the living room if the hubby will help me move furniture). Can't wait!

Short bursts of warm weather like this seem pretty typical in this area. Sometimes the worst winter storms seem to hit right after these short heat waves, so it'll be interesting to see how things look this time next week.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:42 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Smile Thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Nope, winter isn't over quite yet. But you better believe I'm taking advantage of that heat wave next week! I painted the dining room during last month's warm spell & this time I'm tackling the downstairs hallway and upstairs landing (and possibly even the living room if the hubby will help me move furniture). Can't wait!

Short bursts of warm weather like this seem pretty typical in this area. Sometimes the worst winter storms seem to hit right after these short heat waves, so it'll be interesting to see how things look this time next week.
I am still learning to experience this weather pattern. The cold was as cold as cold should be. Looking for more of that warmer than warm should be. However I take your caution about the shoe dropping after the warm as advice well given. I still don't think I need a shovel do I?

Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I am still learning to experience this weather pattern. The cold was as cold as cold should be. Looking for more of that warmer than warm should be. However I take your caution about the shoe dropping after the warm as advice well given. I still don't think I need a shovel do I?
Hopefully the shoe laces got caught up there somewhere and the other shoe will not drop. If it does maybe it will just be a sandal or a jelly......or ready for this one.......maybe it will just be a crock! Happy Sunday all!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:59 AM

Holy slice it with a knife and move it aside, it is foggy this am in spots! Visibly coming out of Wake Forest this am was only a few feet. Even the GPS unit was almost a blank screen......careful driving this am folks!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM

161 posts, read 464,928 times
Default I Got A Job

Finally !!! a job offer in Raleigh, NC. I am so glad and relieved. I have written email after email here asking for suggestions and I have ran all over the place. I just wanted to say thank you for those who offered suggestions and support. I will start this week working for a law firm as a legal secy reporting to a Senior Partner. Thank God. A real job.

What a Happy New Year !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary