Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,380 times

Advertisements

My family is traveling to Clayton this weekend to look at neighborhoods. We already know we like Glen Laurel and Broadmoor but we just found some houses in Waverly Pointe that look nice. Does anyone live there that can share some information about the neighborhood ? We're interested in a subdivision with a pool or a lot at least 1/2 acre so we can put one in ourselves if we want. Any other suggestions for subdivisions we can look at ? We have a 3 and 7 year old so we need a place with lots of kids running around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM

546 posts, read 2,418,028 times
We looked at Broadmoor and Broadmoor West last spring. Loved it. We spoke with quite a few neighbors who told us that there are lots of kids and that they are very happy with the schools. We are still very interested and might make the move sometime next year... Good luck on your house hunt.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,687 times
We bought in Williams Pointe. I don't believe there is a comminity pool (wasn't a thought/requirement for us and we haven't moved in yet), but all the lots there are at least .5 acre (most are larger). Good luck on your search.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,388 times
We live in Waverly Point and love it! The schools are awesome...West View Elementary, Cleveland Middle and West Johnston High. Of course, by the time your kids get to high school there will be a new one. We have a 5 and 3 year old and they have plenty of room to roam. There are many kids in the development. Although we do not have a community pool many of our neighbors have opted to put one in themselves. Good luck finding the perfect house!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 AM

116 posts, read 472,031 times
We just bought in Summerlynn. Love the neighborhood, quiet and scenic with families moving in every day. Have 3 kiddos myself. Community pool going in this spring. Lot just shy of .5 acre.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,881 times
We bought in Cobblestone (Anderson homes). We have a pool, tennis court and *coming soon* a walking trail. Its very quiet, everyone is super nice and we love it.

Good luck!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM

850 posts, read 3,626,560 times
We ended up buying in the Archer Lodge section of Clayton (sometimes listed as Clayton and other times as Wendell....wendell handles the mail). There's no pool but lots are all about 3/4+ acre. Tafton is the subdivision. There are alot of kids and the schools are incredible. I have 2 boys; 9 and 5.

Lauren

Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 PM

62 posts, read 258,474 times
You may want to check out the Lee Forest Subdivsion off of Guy Rd. Nice, good-sized wooded lots (ours is 1/2 acre), many nice features for the $ (hardwoods, crown-molding, wainscoting in Dining Rooms, finished garages, crawlspace foundations, etc...). Lots of kids out and about. There are about 6 or so homes left for sale. It's a small neighborhood, about 85 or so homes, so no pool though.

One of the nicest things for us is the neighborhood's proximity to Raleigh and the rest of the triangle. Not sure where you'll be commuting too, but I can get to Cary in about 20 - 25 minutes, RTP in about 35. Another nice thing is it is outside city limits which means lower property taxes. We've been here about 4 months and are happy with our choice.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:59 PM

169 posts, read 419,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleedom View Post
My family is traveling to Clayton this weekend to look at neighborhoods. We already know we like Glen Laurel and Broadmoor but we just found some houses in Waverly Pointe that look nice. Does anyone live there that can share some information about the neighborhood ? We're interested in a subdivision with a pool or a lot at least 1/2 acre so we can put one in ourselves if we want. Any other suggestions for subdivisions we can look at ? We have a 3 and 7 year old so we need a place with lots of kids running around
Make sure you get it in writing about the pool. I believe there is someone in my subdivision, Plantation Pointe, that was told it was allowed, and now the HOA is fining them for putting one in.

That said, I love the subdivision, and there is a neighborhood pool for our subdivision only, along with tennis courts. I imagine the deals are good now everywhere, with the housing slump. They have recently started the final phase of the subdivision, and my wife and I love some of the stuff they are adding, like multi head showers, etc.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:14 AM

36 posts, read 132,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
We bought in Cobblestone (Anderson homes). We have a pool, tennis court and *coming soon* a walking trail. Its very quiet, everyone is super nice and we love it.

Good luck!
I'm interested in the Clayton area as well and saw a house for sale in Cobblestone. How is this neighborhood for kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary