Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:22 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post

I like Randy's in RTP. The crust is a little too thin for me but the ingredients and flavor are always top notch. And you can't beat their over-sized counter slices. If I recall correctly, the Randy's in Morrisville didn't have counter pies on display, the true hallmark of a legitimate pizza place.
They take an 18" crust and stretch it to 22-24" for their lunch slices. Two slices doesn't come close to fitting on three plates. It's thin, greasy, and delicious. Their whole pies are not quite so thin, because they make an 18" pizza out of an 18" crust (dough). Also very good. AFAIK, the Miami location is the only one that does the lunch slices like that.

I get that it's not for everyone, which is fine with me. That said, I can't think of a busier lunch spot in all of RTP. Lines out the door, every day, for years now! (So somebody(s) is eating it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 06:53 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
I love pizza threads.

I stopped in at Anna's in Apex yesterday because it was on the way home from a soccer match and was thinking about how people debate whether or not there's good pizza in the Triangle. Anna's is one of three places I frequent (Slice of NY in Brier Creek and Sergio's in Wakefield are the others) where the owner and their menu are identical to what they served when they had their restaurants in the NY/NJ area. Anna's had a pizza place in my old town on Long Island and for specialty slices it was the only place I'd go.

I like Randy's in RTP. The crust is a little too thin for me but the ingredients and flavor are always top notch. And you can't beat their over-sized counter slices. If I recall correctly, the Randy's in Morrisville didn't have counter pies on display, the true hallmark of a legitimate pizza place.
Funny you should mention this because I was talking about this recently. We eat with our eyes (I do ) and I know I have bought and eaten many a slice or pinwheel because it was on display and I was hungry or intrigued. I have only been to one place here with a counter display, are the board of health guidelines different here?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:18 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
Funny you should mention this because I was talking about this recently. We eat with our eyes (I do ) and I know I have bought and eaten many a slice or pinwheel because it was on display and I was hungry or intrigued. I have only been to one place here with a counter display, are the board of health guidelines different here?
Randy's Miami "sort of" has them. They only do cheese or Pepperoni, adding all other topings per order.
Salvios has several pies on display (Cary location)
Also Camos Brothers in S. Cary (Kildaire Farm Rd, I think) has them, or used to have them.
I'm sure others do as well.

I don't think it's a health inspector issue, as much as a traffic issue. They have to turn them fast enough for them to stay good, fresh (and safe). So places that have a high traffic benefit more. That is why I assumed Randy's only does Cheese and Pepperoni, to keep pizzas moving through fast.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:39 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
I like Carrboro Pizza Oven. They have display pies. My fave is the Grandma pizza. My lactose-intolerant spouse likes the primavera (no cheese).

Old 03-07-2016, 09:04 AM

200 posts, read 358,590 times
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Georgina's Pizzeria in Morrisville. New York transplant/owner. Love their lasagna. Hubby loves all of their food...

Georgina's Pizzeria & Restaurant

Old 03-07-2016, 09:47 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lar196 View Post
Slice of NY in Brier Creek edges out Randy's of Morrisville for this recent transplant family :-)
Sorry. My head is spinning around. I can't believe anyone likes that place. I was not impressed.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:42 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Sorry. My head is spinning around. I can't believe anyone likes that place. I was not impressed.
Are you talking about Randy's or Slice of NY?

Old 03-07-2016, 12:00 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Are you talking about Randy's or Slice of NY?
Slice of New York.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:15 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
I Love New York Pizza on Hillsborough St. Raleigh. Anybody been lately? We haven't been since the street redo. The cheese slices were thin and big.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:21 PM

547 posts, read 774,538 times
so, do we have confirmation that Randy's in Cary opened up in the Northwoods plaza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary