Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM

703 posts, read 780,103 times

Advertisements

The good thing about Cardinal Gibbons is that it begins at 9th grade, so everyone is pretty much new at that point. Yes, there are a few "feeder" schools, but I know that for my son's class a couple of years ago, the principal said that there were 50 different middle schools represented in their freshman class of 420 students. That puts a large portion of the incoming freshman class in the same boat - which was a good thing for us. The thing I do like about it is the fact that there seems to be something for everyone there - whether it be sports or school-sponsored clubs. If you would like more info, please DM me.

We had done extensive research on both Ravenscroft and Cary Academy. Ravenscroft is a very nice and good school, but we were advised that assimilating into the school in middle or high school would likely be tough, as many of the kids had been there since Kindergarten. This has since been validated with the more recent experiences of folks we have come to know. It is truly a school for the well-heeled, and the high school student parking lot looks a lot like a Mercedes or BMW dealership.

Cary Academy is a very, very good school. I'm not sure what turned us off there, but we decided against it. I don't have a lot of other input on them except that I've not heard any bad things about the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary