Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 PM

76 posts, read 408,453 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I recently visited Raleigh, and really liked the area. I visited Camden Crest @
5200 Summit Manor Ln, Raleigh, NC 27613. After reading some ratings, I am wondering are they representative of the service received at these apartments.

I cant tell if these are real complaints or just people talking bad about it.

So, can someone offer more reliable apartment reviews?

Last edited by resnostyle; 03-17-2008 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Perhaps a current resident will comment. What you scan for in ratings is a common problem or praise from many reporters.

I just renewed at Northridge Crossings for the fourth lease. Very nice place next to Triangle Town Center.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:52 AM

70 posts, read 162,123 times
my wife and I just checked out Northridge and it is really nice. The floorplans are just amazing. Mayfaire was nice too.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:48 PM

When I visited some of the apartments, I was impressed with what they offered, pricing, floor plan and the people.

But the apartment rating really dragged them down. So, I was wondering if they are generally accurate or not.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnostyle View Post
When I visited some of the apartments, I was impressed with what they offered, pricing, floor plan and the people.

But the apartment rating really dragged them down. So, I was wondering if they are generally accurate or not.
Watch for common trends.

Some ratings are "sour grapes" from evicted tenants. Our community seems to have someone out to ruin the ratings for some reason.

On the other hand, watch for ridiculous praise inserted by management trolls in violation of the rules.

Just scan all ratings and find the common trend.

My community, Northridge Crossings, has been great for 4 years.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
I lived at Camden Crest and posted a review on apartment ratings sometime around the July/August 2007 timeframe. I have looked back at the subsequent ratings recently and many of them reflect the same problems that I mentioned in my rating.

In my opinion, the ratings that really bash the office staff are probably sour grapes. We didn't have major issues with the staff, although the turnover was pretty high and there were only one or two of the same people on the office staff the whole time we lived there. The maintenance staff seemed more stable.

The quality of the buildings is subpar for the rent you will pay. You are required to pay for cable with your rent, and now I hear all Camden properties charge a mandatory fee for someone to pick your garbage up at your door (even if you choose to carry it down yourself, you still pay). To me, that is unacceptable. Not to mention, at Camden Crest you pay for recycling along with your city water/sewer/garbage fees, but there are no recycling receptacles other than for cardboard boxes.

My main problem was with noise. I could hear my upstairs neighbor urinating in the bathroom like he was in the other room. Sometimes it sounded like he was going to walk right through the ceiling. I could also hear my downtstairs neighbor in my bedroom when she was on her balcony at 3:00 am on weeknights. The management did not take preventative measures to keep belligerent people out of the pool area at night; instead they told us to call the police when people were out there making noise, throwing furniture in the pool, etc. This meant I had many sleepless weeknights since my apartment bordered the pool.

The grounds are kept as well as they can be despite the messes left by residents of the complex, which is unfortunate. I would often find trash left in the breezeways and in the stairwells.

The apartments themselves are nicely appointed and have nice details, but the overall quality of the building overshadows that. Our apartment still reeked of cigarette smoke after they cleaned it and we moved in. It was by far much cleaner when we moved out!

If you are going to pay rent at that pricepoint, I would look elsewhere, possibly at Thornhill, which is right across the street from Camden Crest.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM

At Northridge, there is almost no litter.

The community manager takes no crap, and rule violations are addressed fairly but firmly.

Y'all come and see us.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
If you are going to pay rent at that pricepoint, I would look elsewhere, possibly at Thornhill, which is right across the street from Camden Crest.
Thank you for the fair review. I just wanted to see if apartment ratings are echoed in real life.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,509 times
I currently live at Northridge. Unfortunately have a neighbor upstairs who creates too much noise in her apartment. Complained twice to Northridge Mgmt - they have done nothing about this problem.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:19 PM

31 posts, read 111,491 times
I live in Camden Crest now. The apartments are nice inside. The high ceilings and archways give them a nice, modern feel.

I live in a big two bedroom and so far like it pretty well.

Some notes:

The noise from neighbors can be pretty amazing.

I have a family living above me: Two parents, a daughter, a toddler, two dogs. Sometimes it's so loud that my walls shake. I don't think they're especially noisy. It's just that there are lots of them and the construction is hardly sound proof. I can hear the baby crying sometimes in the morning (if there's no other noise), and when they vacuum -- ugh. But I don't get upset about it because I don't think they're banging around up there on purpose.

The grounds are well-kept, and most of the staff is responsive to issues. I've had problems with one person in the office who I find difficult, but the rest have been nothing but kind and helpful.

Some of the community areas look good on the surface but then are a bit of a letdown. There's a little movie theater, which is cool, but when you actually go to use it, you find many of the chairs don't recline or fall apart. In the clubhouse, which you can rent, some of the equipment is broken (this may be fixed by now).

All in all, I'd say Camden Crest is nice, and the location is good. But it's not perfect, and from what I hear, you can certainly find cheaper places to live in the area.

P.S. There are mandatory fees for cable and "valet" trash. I don't mind the fees. I like having the garbage picked up, and I get cable anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary