Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 05:06 AM

580 posts, read 712,465 times

Advertisements

Very cool!

Downtown Cary will get new restaurant in Jones House from An Cuisines chef | News & Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 09:46 AM

806 posts, read 604,789 times
Bring it on. Great news. How was the food at his other restaurants?

Old 12-20-2017, 10:29 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,385,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname_isborat View Post
Bring it on. Great news. How was the food at his other restaurants?
An was one of the best, if not the best, fine dining asian restaurants in the Triangle.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:08 AM

806 posts, read 604,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
An was one of the best, if not the best, fine dining asian restaurants in the Triangle.
Can't wait to see what he's bringing to Cary then.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:11 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,063,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
How many are there, anyway? What's the competition?

Old 12-20-2017, 11:16 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,545,044 times
Asian take-out could be quite a hit with park visitors across the street.
And, later– a hit with all those construction workers building the parking deck and new library!

Old 12-20-2017, 12:57 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,992,219 times
We don't yet know the concept for this, but I'm concerned that we continue to see higher-end stuff going in downtown without a whole lot of family-friendly places that are kinder to the wallet. Serendipity is fine, and we like Crosstown and Taipei 101, but I'd like to see more casual, cafe type places.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:32 PM

812 posts, read 832,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Asian take-out could be quite a hit with park visitors across the street.
And, later– a hit with all those construction workers building the parking deck and new library!
Totally agree. A fast-casual-café-take-out-option-concept would kill it there with all the visitors to the park. Maybe not Asian, per se, but something other than "fine dining" -as I suspect it will be (see below).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
We don't yet know the concept for this, but I'm concerned that we continue to see higher-end stuff going in downtown without a whole lot of family-friendly places that are kinder to the wallet. Serendipity is fine, and we like Crosstown and Taipei 101, but I'd like to see more casual, cafe type places.
This^ According to the N&O article the OP posted, their rent is going to be double Belle's. Since Belle was an upscale farm-to-table café, I then reason the new place is going to be even more "upscale" = fine dining to pay the bills. Of course, could surprise me and they could go with more of a casual "volume sales" café concept. As you, I hope the latter -for the health/vibrancy/viability of DT Cary. Personally, I would love a Zingerman's (Ann Arbor) type deli and think it would do very well in that particular location -maybe even have a drive thru . Car and foot traffic is crazy busy there... in a good way for the right business. We find Serendipity cute but lacking in options and not impressed with their quality. La Farm (DTC location) has some good stuff, and they are still planning on opening their full service café, but not nearly as convenient to the park.

I think a high-end-white-table-cloth-limited-hours-fine-dining establishment is going to be out of place there and will struggle. The park, library and arts center cater to families and active individuals.... so have a restaurant more true to that.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:35 PM

6 posts, read 4,284 times
Excited to see what he brings to Cary as well! I am frequently in the area and am excited for some new grub!

Old 12-20-2017, 03:51 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times
Are that many people going to get take out and go to the park? Seems like a hassle to make an order, pick it up, and all that jazz when I can just go and sit down, relax, have someone wait on me, and go to the park after?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary