Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 07:14 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times

Advertisements

Brier Creek has it and so does Frank's CineBowl in Cary. Frank's has assigned seating since it's really recline and dine but Brier Creek you can just walk up and buy a ticket.

I agree with Ed, if you're not going for the reclining seats, Park West are the most comfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 07:22 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffPayne View Post
Long gone are the days of "flat" seating in tight rows with sticky chairs, and I, for one, am happy about that. The stadium style makes so much sense and it's crazy to think how long it took to transition so many theaters to that style.

I visited family in California not too long ago and they have theaters with couches, full meals to order, servers, specialty drinks, etc. It's super expensive and I wouldn't do it often at all, but it's a good twist on the "dinner and a movie" date night.
See the link I posted for Silverspot above. It's a couch-like experience, especially in the front row which we love. Servers will bring your meals to you. Here's their in-theater menu: http://cms.craveablehospitalitygroup...b200eb811c.pdf

Old 02-06-2018, 07:28 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
I like Raleigh Grande's reclining seats and the amount of space you have. Can't see the folks in the row in front of you. But I'm honestly not a huge fan of the food thing. I went to see IT by myself when it came out (girlfriend doesn't like scary movies) and ended up next to some kid who ordered buffalo wings. I know this because I had to deal with the nauseating smell and sound of him smacking his lips and sucking his fingers. It almost made me sick. Maybe food eaters should be designated in the back rows or something, idk. I didn't like that.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeesmom View Post
I like the recliners but I don't like the fact that I can no longer go to a movie at those theaters on the spur of the moment. Because there are now fewer seats, the good ones often sell out and I'm not sitting in the front of the theater.
^This. I too like the luxury of the recliners once in a blue moon, but have been really bummed that I can no longer just decide the day of to go see a movie since I usually want to see a new release and the seats are either already sold out or only the front rows are available. I also don't really care for spending $12-$17 for a ticket.

The Six Forks Forum Cinema in North Raleigh remains my favorite local theater. Owned by the same folks who own the Rialto and Mission Valley Cinema. It is clean, has the latest releases, offers beer and wine, $1 popcorn refills, and while the seating is old school, the matinee ticket prices are just $6.50. It is also very easy to go see a show on opening night.

But, I do get why people like the plush new theaters. I'm just glad there are still some other options out there in the dwindling theater market!

Old 02-06-2018, 07:47 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
^This. I too like the luxury of the recliners once in a blue moon, but have been really bummed that I can no longer just decide the day of to go see a movie since I usually want to see a new release and the seats are either already sold out or only the front rows are available.
I always decide the day of, and I like that I can find out before even leaving the house whether a show is sold out or has any decent seats available. I like that I can choose and reserve my seat, and be comfortable in the knowledge that even if the theater fills up, I've got the seat that I chose. I don't have to arrive 30 minutes early to ensure getting a good seat.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 02-06-2018, 07:56 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
I like getting tickets in advance too, especially if going with my whole family, since that ensures that we can get 4 seats together.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I love Cinebistro. It is getting harder to get seats there because it's become more popular.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I love Cinebistro. It is getting harder to get seats there because it's become more popular.
Yeah, the theaters are pretty small. I do like the assigned seating A LOT but it is a pain if you just decide you want to go to the movies on the spur of the moment. I honestly wish all theaters would go to this model. It amazes me that people will show up to movie as the trailers are starting and expect people to "move down"...uh, no I got my arse here early so we could have the end of the row, not my problem you can't find "x" number of seats together 10 minutes after the listed start time of the movie. And it is invariably people who show up with a whole herd of people at the very last minute.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Yeah, the theaters are pretty small. I do like the assigned seating A LOT but it is a pain if you just decide you want to go to the movies on the spur of the moment. I honestly wish all theaters would go to this model. It amazes me that people will show up to movie as the trailers are starting and expect people to "move down"...uh, no I got my arse here early so we could have the end of the row, not my problem you can't find "x" number of seats together 10 minutes after the listed start time of the movie. And it is invariably people who show up with a whole herd of people at the very last minute.
I really don't like regular theaters now at all.

Crowded. Remind me of flying in a plane in coach.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I always decide the day of, and I like that I can find out before even leaving the house whether a show is sold out or has any decent seats available.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Interesting. Maybe I just have bad luck. The last 3 times I tried to see a movie at Raleigh grand all the tickets (except for front row) were sold out for the movie I wanted to see 3 days out.

I just showed up at Six Forks Forum 10 minutes before the show that day and got a ticket and had my choice of great seats.

I'll give the luxury places another shot, but I don't like having to think to far ahead when it comes to movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary