Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times

Advertisements

Came across this one and its being marketed and done right here in NC! Saw the TV add today. Sounds promising being it can basically be added to any gas powered car. We may be adding this to our non hybrid cars soon if it tests out!

News 14 | 24 Hour Local News | STORY LINKS | Turning your vehicle into a hybrid

Don't count American ingenuity out yet!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 PM

655 posts, read 916,140 times
My only question is how and where do I invest in this. If it is true as the article claims, this will be bigger then the new I-phone! Funny thing, the article mentioned nothing about a patent?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:52 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I read the entire thread. VERY interesting and useful ideas.

I have a '98 Saab 900 Turbo. I also am very fortunate to telecommute 99.9% of the time so in the last 3 years I've put very few miles on my car. In fact the total mileage on my 10.5 yr old car is only 87,000.

I def. want to get a Prius, but it just doesn't make sense for me to purchase a new car just to get better gas mileage when I still (knock wood) have a car that is perfectly good, has low mileage, is paid for, and is almost fully depreciated.

I'm going to try doing slower starts at stop lights. My car (4 cyl) does hesitate a bit but perhaps I can use that hesitation to my advantage instead of trying to get the turbo to kick in. Now that the hot weather is here, there is just no way I can go without using my AC. With the AC on I'm only getting 19mpg in the city right now. :-( Maybe I can increase that with a lighter touch on the gas pedal...certainly worth a try to see.

Many years ago in college I had a little 50cc Yamahopper moped (too cute for words) and then years later in San Francisco I had an 80cc Honda Elite scooter. I'd love to have another scooter again. My neighbors just bought a 49cc Sym scooter. It will get upwards of 100mpg, depending on conditions.

It would be so cool to have one of those (all-electric) segways, which can get up to 12mph and go for about 12 - 15 mi on avg. They're used a lot for city tours as well as in big mfg plants.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default water4gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
My only question is how and where do I invest in this. If it is true as the article claims, this will be bigger then the new I-phone! Funny thing, the article mentioned nothing about a patent?
google water 4 gas there is plenty out there on this and much of it can be done by anyone handy.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
google water 4 gas there is plenty out there on this and much of it can be done by anyone handy.
Thanks much, good stuff to read! Anyway we can save energy sure helps!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:30 AM

5 posts, read 10,097 times
Yes, saving money at the pump by using a little common sense is always a good idea, If not, oh well, it's your money, you can throw it away if you like. But the real key is this; Gas prices will continue to increase until an alternative can be rediscovered, and what I mean by that is back in the 70's I remember when natural gas was being used in common vehicles such as pick up trucks and vans. Natural Gas is still an alternative that can be used in all vehicles today!
There is more N-Gas then there is oil, and it costs less. The conversion is not that expensive and there are more and more service stations that offer N-Gas. Also! I remember when these pick up trucks had a switch on the floor board that would alternate from regular fuel to N-Gas without any further adjustments needed. Isn't it strange that you do not hear about this in our so called “media” today? So, the point is this, you have the power to change what you must in order to have affordable transportation, we just have to do the math and make adjustments.
With todays advances in technology, there is another way to cut back on fuel usage, and that is using the Web to do our shopping when we can. Most stores have free shipping that will bring it right to your door. I know we all cant find everything we need on the Web, but we can sure cut back on drive time to buy some of our things. I have found one Website that covers all the big stores for online shopping, I will share this with you and you do the same for others. http://www.moreinfo247.com/9287285/MM

Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
If this fuel is water thing really worked as claimed, it wouldn't have just surfaced now. That's one of those things that if its too good to be true, it isn't true!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
If this fuel is water thing really worked as claimed, it wouldn't have just surfaced now. That's one of those things that if its too good to be true, it isn't true!

I afraid it maybe. Has anyone had any experience with the water fuel thing?

I have been reading on CNN that more and more people are converting their gas cars/trucks into totally electric. There are kits available and the estimated cost is $10 - $12k so its not cheap but its an alternative. These are for the DIY type people. Downside one can only go about 40 miles on a charge with the current available battery technology, but better battery technology will be here soon. Same technology that keeps our laptops humming along!

BTW: I also seen on the news the person that was able to light the water coming out of their sinks and it would burn nicely. Deal there was their well was also a gas well so that is why their water would appear to burn....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary