Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 09:37 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post

That said, I think the 'parents with small children' should be a spot next to a cart return! I always wanted those spots when my daughter was little so I didn't have to carry her back across the parking lot after putting my cart away.
That's where Harris Teeter by me has them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 09:43 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernc42 View Post
Next time I'll park my car directly behind them with an inch of space between bumpers. When they approach me and ask if I'd move my car or they will call the police I will ask them if they mind if I eat while we wait?
years ago I worked in an office building where our execs had preferential parking in reserved spaces. There was a law firm in the office that continually parked in these reserved spaces, despite being asked over and over again by both our company and the building management not to.

So one day the president of our company comes to work and as usual his spot is taken. So he parks his giant Mercedes right behind his spot and goes to work. A couple hours later the guy whose car is being blocked comes to the office and says that car needs to be moved so he can get out. Receptionist calls the president, president comes out and says "I don't have time to move the car right now. Sorry". Owner of car threatens to use own vehicle to push president's out of the way. President says he doubts that will happen but if it does, at least he will know where the send the police.

15 minutes later we look outside and this attorney and his friends are trying to LIFT the guy's car OVER THE CURBING at the front of the space. Absolutely hysterical and solved the parking issue for good.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:52 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
years ago I worked in an office building where our execs had preferential parking in reserved spaces. There was a law firm in the office that continually parked in these reserved spaces, despite being asked over and over again by both our company and the building management not to.

So one day the president of our company comes to work and as usual his spot is taken. So he parks his giant Mercedes right behind his spot and goes to work. A couple hours later the guy whose car is being blocked comes to the office and says that car needs to be moved so he can get out. Receptionist calls the president, president comes out and says "I don't have time to move the car right now. Sorry". Owner of car threatens to use own vehicle to push president's out of the way. President says he doubts that will happen but if it does, at least he will know where the send the police.

15 minutes later we look outside and this attorney and his friends are trying to LIFT the guy's car OVER THE CURBING at the front of the space. Absolutely hysterical and solved the parking issue for good.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to twingles again."

LOL That would be a viral video today.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:20 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
The pandering parking spots needs to stop. They carry no legal status and I don't honor them.

What pisses me off about the veterans parking is everywhere I have seen it, it's 4 spaces. I mean, maybe we should show our appreciation and make the whole parking lot veterans only?! Perhaps only sell groceries to veterans. I mean, don't you appreciate their service? Or maybe we should focus on fixing the VA and not starting wars of choice?

Last edited by BullCity75; 08-05-2019 at 10:38 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The contractor spots are for those registered with the contractor program - ie people that spend a lot of money at Lowes.
Yea, Lowes takes the cake. Fortunately, the pickup parking is better located than the vet parking, so I just parking in the pickup parking. I feel like they owe me the time they wasted the only time I tried to use pickup. They couldn't find the thing I ordered, so I had to go help the guy find it and then the cashier took like 15 mins to figure something out on the computer.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:50 AM

455 posts, read 919,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post

I wish people would mind their dang own business sometimes. Stop being busy-bodies. You don't know what someone may or may not have that causes them to park there just at face value. Live your own life.

Words to freaking live by. Think of all the BS we see in the news that would have never happened if people just minded their own damn business.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:51 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
The pandering parking spots needs to stop. They carry no legal status and I don't honor them.

What pisses me off about the veterans parking is everywhere I have seen it, it's 4 spaces. I mean, maybe we should show our appreciation and make the whole parking lot veterans only?! Perhaps only sell groceries to veterans. I mean, don't you appreciate their service? Or maybe we should focus on fixing the VA and not starting wars of choice?
I don't understand why that pisses you off.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:13 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Handicapped parking?
Mom parking?
Veteran parking?

None of these have ever kept me from parking my car and getting my stuff. None. Never.
Somehow this thread seems like petty outrage in search of a fixation.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:26 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
I think they should have special parking for people 6’5” and above.

What about birthdays too?

Old 08-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I don't understand why that pisses you off.
You don't understand why it is frustrating to pull into an open space, only to discover it is reserved, even though all 4 are open, then have to back and and drive to the back of the lot? And for what, so a store can pander that it supports veterans? What about teachers, and senior citizens, and police and fire fighters and all the other people? It's silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: