Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 05:18 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,425,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
On the one hand I really think people who don't wear masks are blessed with excellent health and so are their family members. Maybe I'm being cynical, but I would wager if they had a child, parent, sibling who was immunocompromised they would want to eliminate all possible risk and would wear a mask. Maybe the cashiers or other front line workers have this hideous worry but still have to work. I'm happy that people are so blessed with good health and the financial means to not have repeated exposure to this virus. Enjoy your good health and I hope that it always continues for you and yours. Perhaps other people you come into contact with aren't so fortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
I think many of them are "blessed" with very high levels of narcissism and self-absorption. Just like ol' muskrat head.
I choose not to live my life in fear, that a mask isnt going to do crap anyway. A large % of people who wear them do it incorrectly. Dont cover their nose, keep touching their face, reuse disposable masks, or dont wash cloth ones. Yeah those masks are a big help

WHO even said masks are not recommended for healthy people. They also said asymptomatic people rarely ever spread the disease. Guess what? I havent had any symptoms this year. Actually havent been sick in many man years.

Wear your mask all you want and mind your own business. If you are this afraid stay inside your home and complain to strangers on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 05:24 PM

4,564 posts, read 3,767,298 times
I just saw that Ashley Smith, posted a video of herself burning a box of 40 surgical masks on the Facebook group, Reopen NC.

Then she says in the video: "This mask is a not a sign of controlling the virus. It is not a sign of compassion. It is a sign of control. You should not comply."

What a F’ing idiot! And you really expect the human race to survive as long as the dinosaurs?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:28 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,472,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I just saw that Ashley Smith, posted a video of herself burning a box of 40 surgical masks on the Facebook group, Reopen NC.

Then she says in the video: "This mask is a not a sign of controlling the virus. It is not a sign of compassion. It is a sign of control. You should not comply."

What a F’ing idiot! And you really expect the human race to survive as long as the dinosaurs?
I think people are idiots for doing meth. Or smoking cigarettes. Or yes, even drinking alcohol. Or not wearing a seatbelt while driving. Or riding a motorcycle. Yet lots of people do those activities.

Why do you care what other people do or think so much?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
I choose not to live my life in fear, that a mask isnt going to do crap anyway. A large % of people who wear them do it incorrectly. Dont cover their nose, keep touching their face, reuse disposable masks, or dont wash cloth ones. Yeah those masks are a big help

WHO even said masks are not recommended for healthy people. They also said asymptomatic people rarely ever spread the disease. Guess what? I havent had any symptoms this year. Actually havent been sick in many man years.

Wear your mask all you want and mind your own business. If you are this afraid stay inside your home and complain to strangers on the internet.
My employer makes us wear masks as we enter the building. We (three guys) sit in an enclosed 8x8 square room for six hours at a time. Everyone removes the masks.

We have a guard who checks temps as we walk in the door. My temp hasn't been over 94* according to his laser thermometer for the last three weeks. The lowest was 89*. I feel so safe now that everyone is getting checked.

It's come down to a liability thing for businesses. It's one big reason we're still in this lull of activity. I feel really bad for business owners and employers. Tons of expense for no reason.

Big picture wise I think it has brought to light some cleanliness issues. We might should have been cleaning stuff a little more. Maybe wiping down public transportation like buses and trains more than (never) is a good idea. I hope some of this stuff stays.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 3,767,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I think people are idiots for doing meth. Or smoking cigarettes. Or yes, even drinking alcohol. Or not wearing a seatbelt while driving. Or riding a motorcycle. Yet lots of people do those activities.

You think burning a box of surgical masks is a good way to get your point across? Sure, be an idiotic American and burn 40 surgical masks.

How about saying that a mask is a sign of control and not compassion? You gotta a real F’ing idiot to say something like that.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
You think burning a box of surgical masks is a good way to get your point across? Sure, be an idiotic American and burn 40 surgical masks.

How about saying that a mask is a sign of control and not compassion? You gotta a real F’ing idiot to say something like that.
She really got under your skin, didn't she?

Judging by how this year is going, I don't expect the human race to survive 2020. So there's that.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:56 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,119 times
Quote:

Not that I "care" what you do as a person (although I do judge non mask wearers in the same sarcastic manner Richard Dreyfus judges the guys overloading the boat in Jaws; saying its "care" isn't the right term). Americans certainly have a right to be jackasses last time I checked. but, your example at a 50K ft view:

1. You smoking meth doesn't impact my health
2. You ripping butts doesn't impact my health
3. You drinking booze doesn't impact my health
4. You not wearing a seatbelt doesn't impact my health
5. You riding a motorcycle doesn't impact my health

6. You knowingly (or not knowingly) having COVID could impact my health...isn't this the same gal who went to a ReOpen NC march with COVID?

Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 PM

628 posts, read 400,531 times
Quote:
I choose not to live my life in fear, that a mask isnt going to do crap anyway.
I don't live my life in fear either. Most experts say a mask helps prevent the person wearing the mask from spreading the virus. I don't see the big deal.

Quote:
WHO even said masks are not recommended for healthy people. They also said asymptomatic people rarely ever spread the disease.
Maybe, I don't know. Other organizations are recommending them. I don't get your hostility...maybe wearing one can help, so why don't you be a responsible citizen and do it?

Quote:
I'm so tired of fake macho guys talking about others being afraid, complaining, minding your own business, etc. Grow up.

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 06-15-2020 at 06:35 PM..

Old 06-15-2020, 06:02 PM

628 posts, read 400,531 times
Quote:

Most of those activities drive up health care and or insurance costs for the rest of us.

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 06-15-2020 at 06:35 PM..

Old 06-15-2020, 06:04 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
I don't live my life in fear either. Most experts say a mask helps prevent the wearer form spreading the virus. I don't see the big deal.

Maybe, I don't know. Other organizations are recommending them. I don't get your hostility...maybe wearing one can help, so why don't be a responsible citizen and do it?

I'm so tired of fake macho guys talking about others being afraid, complaining, minding your own business, etc. Grow up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary