Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 10:09 PM

405 posts, read 316,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
Again u didnt read it all.. goddamn I thought u people out here were supposed to be sharper. I didnt once compare Columbia as a town, I did compare the new parts of Portland though which is most of it now.
I read what you wrote --- .

Old 02-05-2021, 10:55 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post

Raleigh is all about understated quality over quantity, I keep trying to tell Charlotte boosters that Raleigh doesn't aspire to be anything more than what it already is. It's not in a race with Charlotte to become a big city, and tall skyscrapers aren't on people's minds in Raleigh..
Ok girl.

I actually only clicked on this thread to see the inevitable mentioning of Charlotte (which is completely irrelevant to the topic) lol.

I have nothing else to add because this topic seems to have went off the rails.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 02-05-2021 at 11:08 PM..

Old 02-05-2021, 10:57 PM

405 posts, read 316,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Ok girl.

I actually only clicked on this thread to see the inevitable mentioning of Charlotte (which is completely irrelevant to the topic) lol.
LOL Well said.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:18 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
As the state capital for the state comprised of hundreds of small towns, Raleigh reflects the state perfectly.

Raleighites are always aware that it is just one part of big, wonderful state and there is a concerted effort to be fair with resources and spending to the entire state.

That isn't always easy, and often Raleigh will get less in order to give the rest of the state more.

All of the old, run-down government agency buildings are a testament to that.

Never in NC do you see extravagant buildings for the whatever county or state agency it's for.

So Raleigh's underwhelming skyline does seem appropriate for what it is, an overgrown country town.

That a good thing for a state full of Mayberries, which is also a compliment.
So you're saying... Raleigh is great because the state buildings are run-down, the skyline sucks, and the city has an attitude of an overgrown country town. Great sales pitch. Sounds almost as great as Columbia!
Quote:
You didn't have to admit that you ctrl-f sweep the site for any mention of your city... we already knew.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:13 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
This thread is a dumpster fire on steroids

Old 02-06-2021, 06:29 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Ummmm.... whatever
Let me guess, you're offended by my saying Raleigh wasn't a huge, major city.

If not, please list and explain everything you disagree with.

We'd all like to here another viewpoint.

Even though I'm getting rep points with "Thank you's" for my post.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:39 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Quote:
Ok girl.

The small skyline was brought up in initial posts.

I defended it in the local forum.

You interjection and scanning of the Triangle forum shows the insecurity and abnormal obsession with what others think about the Queen City.

Do you honestly believe any Raleigh folks are looking at other forums to see if the Triangle is being talked about in a good light? Not!

And don't call me girl.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:44 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
I'll limit myself to one question: When you talk about Greenville, do you mean Greenville, NC or Greenville, SC?

Old 02-06-2021, 07:16 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Ok girl.

The only one mentioning Charlotte in this thread is you cupcake.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:37 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
This thread is a dumpster fire on steroids
More like an unflushed toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary