Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 07:47 AM

428 posts, read 224,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
This thread is a dumpster fire on steroids
Estradiol, to be more specific . . .

Old 02-06-2021, 08:06 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,398,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
So you're saying... Raleigh is great because the state buildings are run-down, the skyline sucks, and the city has an attitude of an overgrown country town. Great sales pitch. Sounds almost as great as Columbia!

You didn't have to admit that you ctrl-f sweep the site for any mention of your city... we already knew.
Charlotte is nowhere near as great as Washington, so I sorta kicked it to the curb. I ctrl-f DC. Not Charlotte. Sometimes it lands me in the triangle section where delusional posters think Raleigh has something in common with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
The small skyline was brought up in initial posts.

I defended it in the local forum.

You interjection and scanning of the Triangle forum shows the insecurity and abnormal obsession with what others think about the Queen City.

Do you honestly believe any Raleigh folks are looking at other forums to see if the Triangle is being talked about in a good light? Not!

And don't call me girl.

Gurl, I have an obsession with Washington for the last 4 years and I find it enjoyable to read what you say.

Raleigh folks seem to not venture out to any other sections. The echo chamber of being some yugely famous research area keeps them glued to only this sub-forum where Duke and UNCH are everything (Cornell, Brown, Columbia, Georgetown, etc. are the ones I hear people talk about. But yes, those two schools are better than UNCC)

It’s also curious to see the Triangle fall further & further down the list of largest tech hubs in the US. I think most list have Raleigh below NYC, Washington, Baltimore, Boston and sometimes Philadelphia depending on the measurements. Those are Just the Bos-Wash corridor. You have Austin which is totally associated nation-wide as Silicon Valley II and then the others (Seattle, Denver, San Diego, etc)

But at least Raleigh isn’t the most religious NC city nor do they have a NASCAR track or hall of fame, so that’s something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
The only one mentioning Charlotte in this thread is you cupcake.

Architect77 mentioned Charlotte, but cool. Cupcake is such a Republican dad thing to say, lol.