Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 10:14 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times

Advertisements

Title says it all really. A Trader Joe’s will be coming to a portion of the old Earth Fare space at Park West Village.

A couple of months back this seemed pretty likely as Casto had submitted a reasoning application that would allow them to have a mural installed on the side of the building and Trader Joe’s is known for having murals. In their application they even had a couple of TJ murals mixed in with murals from this area, as examples of the general feel they would be going for. The application was eventually approved and it looks like they have just started construction in the last couple of days. I had seen a couple of portable toilets in the parking lot over the weekend and just driving by there are a dozen construction vehicles in the parking lot. Just checked Morrisville’s permit portal and it was confirmed.

Should be a nice addition to that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 10:20 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Title says it all really. A Trader Joe’s will be coming to a portion of the old Earth Fare space at Park West Village.

A couple of months back this seemed pretty likely as Casto had submitted a reasoning application that would allow them to have a mural installed on the side of the building and Trader Joe’s is known for having murals. In their application they even had a couple of TJ murals mixed in with murals from this area, as examples of the general feel they would be going for. The application was eventually approved and it looks like they have just started construction in the last couple of days. I had seen a couple of portable toilets in the parking lot over the weekend and just driving by there are a dozen construction vehicles in the parking lot. Just checked Morrisville’s permit portal and it was confirmed.

Should be a nice addition to that area.
Very cool! Link please to that permit portal? (I've been unsuccessful with a quick googke search)

Old 02-15-2021, 10:47 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Seemed like a great spot for TJ as soon as Earth Fare announced they would fold.

The EarthFare store space didn't seem so huge, though, for only a portion to go TJ.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:55 AM

507 posts, read 277,677 times
There's already a Whole Food's in my neighborhood, 5 mins' drive. So I'm not that excited.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:06 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,992,219 times
You can search for the permit here:

https://morrisvillenc-energovweb.tyl...fService#/home

Address: 951 MORRISVILLE PKWY MORRISVILLE NC
Description: Interior fitout for a new grocery store installation within an existing retail space. Scope of work includes installing new interior walls and ceiling finishes, store display fixtures, refrigeration equipment, HVAC duct distribution, electrical distribution for new equipment and lighting, new toilet rooms, sprinkler distribution and fire alarm.
Project Name: Trader Joe's - Tenant Fitout

The Earth Fare building is around 28,000 square feet. Trader Joe's stores are typically about half that.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:18 AM

231 posts, read 234,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot001 View Post
There's already a Whole Food's in my neighborhood, 5 mins' drive. So I'm not that excited.
WF and TJ are not at all similar.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:20 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,992,219 times
This one will be 10 minutes from me while the current one is 11 minutes, but it should at least reduce the pressure on the Kildaire store a bit. Not that I've been in a Trader Joe's in the past year anyway...

Old 02-15-2021, 11:49 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Hmm. I've been to the Cary store and the Raleigh store quite a few times since this started. My experience has been tge opposite. I've found that Costco and TJ's were enforcing the highest level of safety of anywhere I've shopped. ALWAYS counting and limiting the number of people entering the store. Refusing entry to anyone who wouldn't wear a mask. I've witnessed both the costco and TJ's in Raleigh kick people out who took their masks off.

I will agree that the Walmart in morrisville (Shiloh Glenn road) is considerably better than tge one in Brier creek. Not only covid compliance; that store is better in ALL aspects.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2021 at 12:20 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 12:15 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot001 View Post
I don't view Trader Joe's and Whole Foods as drawing from the same population, so I'm not getting your point. I love shopping at Trader Joe's but hardly ever walk into a Whole Foods unless I happen to be near one and have time to waste. There are a bunch of staple items from TJ's that I grab every chance I get though.

Although we live on the other side of the Triangle, my wife and I are frequently in Park West and so I'm super happy for this news

Old 02-15-2021, 12:21 PM

507 posts, read 277,677 times
^ I consider them both high-end organic grocery store chains. So not much difference to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary