Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 05:18 AM

6,456 posts, read 9,831,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You didn't include a spiff for the buyers agent in the listing?
With the market crazy like it is right now, wouldn't that be a good negotiation item, for the buyer to say they will cover their own realtors fee, or for a seller to say they won't pay it, since it will sell regardless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 05:26 AM

43,350 posts, read 77,219,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
With the market crazy like it is right now, wouldn't that be a good negotiation item, for the buyer to say they will cover their own realtors fee, or for a seller to say they won't pay it, since it will sell regardless?
Sellers should focus specifically on their Net Proceeds from sale.
People get hung up on line items and miss the bottom line.

So, sure, if a buyer says they will single out a line item and cover it, it can appeal to some sellers who lose sight of their Net Proceeds as the primary consideration.

I asked because the poster should clarify the true costs, and not just one line item.
There is a current ethically-deficient practice of some firms advertising a very small "listing fee," without mentioning, or greatly downplaying, that the MLS requires a clear compensation offering to any agent bringing a successful buyer.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:13 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,152,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You didn't include a spiff for the buyers agent in the listing?
Nope the people I sold to didn't have agent. Gave them a little towards closing.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanFischlerHockE View Post
Nope the people I sold to didn't have agent. Gave them a little towards closing.
So, you/your listing agent listed on the MLS without any cobroke compensation for buyers agents?

Old 03-25-2022, 08:15 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,304,636 times
Man in this market more than ever I would want an agent to help sell my home if only to assist me sift through the dozens of offers to make sense of the madness and pick the right / best one with all the different factors at play.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:41 AM

22,681 posts, read 36,846,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Man in this market more than ever I would want an agent to help sell my home if only to assist me sift through the dozens of offers to make sense of the madness and pick the right / best one with all the different factors at play.
Srsly imagine dealing with all those people looking at your home? No thanks.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:08 PM

781 posts, read 745,175 times
I think we have another year or two of this current craziness. I feel like at some point prices will stabilize. I think there are a lot of people coming here with fat wallets. I see more and more homes in the $800-900k range go for WAY over asking. Yes, I realize agents price low, yadda yadda yadda. I saw something go for $200k over this past week, I think it was in Apex, maybe a listing for $900k that went for 1.1 million? Still, that is showing there were numerous interested parties and at that higher price point.

In 2017 we would have been snickering about new builds for $1 million in Apex and Holly Springs, but they are becoming more commonplace.

Old 03-26-2022, 12:27 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,523,665 times
One chart I saw says the region has 60% less homes than pre-pandemic and the worst deficit in the nation. A couple of weeks ago I was perusing Zillow owned homes for sale. At that that time they had approximately 50 homes for sale. Today there is literally one home for sale. I do wonder the percentage of investor vs home buyers….

Old 03-26-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
One chart I saw says the region has 60% less homes than pre-pandemic and the worst deficit in the nation. A couple of weeks ago I was perusing Zillow owned homes for sale. At that that time they had approximately 50 homes for sale. Today there is literally one home for sale. I do wonder the percentage of investor vs home buyers….

Zillow lost over half a billion dollars flipping houses, and quit buying.
That explains their drop in holdings.

We do have about 20% corporate buyers.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:19 AM

69 posts, read 62,818 times
Wow reading this conversation is confusing me more than before. I sounds like I should check with multiple agents to see who can offer me the best route. If homes are still selling more than asking price that would be a plus. I need to get off my Kirster as the car guy says I think sooner than later. Thanks all for chiming in with the info. Very informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary