Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:52 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times

Advertisements

I emailed Costco and told them about the BOOMING Clayton area and how they should look into a store here. We drive to Raleigh now (30-35 min) for Costco. If everyone emails them (and any other stores you want to see here)...it can push them!

Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 PM

9 posts, read 36,511 times
Thanks for the advice, everyone! We're back from our house hunting trip and we'll be building a home in Knolls at the Neuse in Clayton - the houses there were by far the best value for the money compared to anywhere we looked in Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina or Clayton. We work from home and have lived in semi-rural areas before (although now we're in a city) so that doesn't scare us, and after seeing everything out there in our price range, the decision was easy.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 62,110 times
I agree with the FV area. It is still quaint yet very convenient for shopping and jobs. I would also check out a couple of different subdivisions as some of the ones you mentioned are closing out or changing builders. good luck

Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times
Default FV for me

My husband and I searched homes in our LOW budget, trying to get closer to my parents in Willow Springs ( I would have been happier there equally between FV, Garner and Clayton), and trying to make it easy for my husband to get to work in Apex. After 6 months and only 3 homes catching our eye we found a great place in an established neighborhood in FV. Its on the Harnett county line but less then 5 minutes from downtown fuquay. Its saving us at least $500 in taxes, and I still get public amenities from Harnett county, slightly less then Wake county.

My husband wanted quite, peaceful and acres. We even got a pond our 1+ acre property, wooded on less then a quarter of our lot, and we can't see our neighbors. We had to pay more in newer neighborhoods for what I wanted, but none of them had any land. We also get traditional schools for my daughter which have changed in Wake county to mostly year round. I work from home all year, and I'm slow in the summer so I'll have time with my daughter.

We just moved in here June 1st. Before this, we lived in Downtown raleigh in a condo, and I don't miss it at ALL!

Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,951 times
Fuquay and Holly springs is getting a super Target and a lowes. I think it will be built off of 55 just in the Holly springs town limits. This is only 5 minutes from Fuquay. So hope that makes you feel better! There will also be other stores in the shopping center....don't know what.

Oh yeah, I would choose F-V. It might cost a bit more....but it is a nice little town. It is also not all spread out like Clayton. F-V is also just 15-20 minutes from Cary. Cary has all the shopping people would ever need....also every store imagineable.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 AM

11 posts, read 44,990 times
Hey Sunshine,
I'd like to start out by saying that I am a Real Estate Agent.

In my opinion, you are doing the right thing searching the web for more information, having said that, I also feel it is best to visit the subdivisions to check out the area and the amenties which are both tied to the subdivision and things outside of it provided by the town and the community centers.
There is so much to discover and experience in NC. You might learn that the subdivision with the basement is also the one with the fewest amenties for your children or you might have it all in one place.

Moderator cut: TOS Violation

Last edited by autumngal; 06-10-2008 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 AM

446 posts, read 1,394,436 times
Try to stay on the north side of Fuquay so as to avoid the rush hour traffic getting through town.....Also gives quick access to all the shopping on the bypass in Holly Springs. Summerdale is real close to some problem areas in town near Rt. 42. Flame me but it's true.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM

6 posts, read 12,942 times
Default Summerdale feedback

I highly recommend Summerdale (Fuquay Varina), which is built by Perry Builders & Jordan-Built Homes, 2 local builders that offer more of a custom-built home for a reasonable price. It's a cute community, the homes are not too cookie-cutter....you really have to see insides of the homes to really appreciate all the custom trimwork & detailing. Great quality of workmanship.

If you are looking for a TON of space for the price, but don't care about the interior options like molding, 42" cabinetry, granite, etc...then this community is probably not a good fit, you can go down the street and get a big BOX of a home w/ a lot of space but no stand-out features. But if you appreciate the fine touches and want a great value but also want the crown molding, wainscoting, high quality hardwoods, solid surface/granite, tile options, and all of these nice extras...Summerdale would be a great fit for you!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,920 times
I am very new to this forum, but have found a lot of great info. My family is HOPING to move to F-V as soon as possible. We have a home in mind already in Stonewall Farms. We'll be moving from Naples, FL--anyone want a great house in a very Buyer's Market in Florida?? We will be looking for new jobs/careers. Any more info on F-V and/or Stonewall would be wonderful! Thank you.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineTK View Post
Thanks for the advice, everyone! We're back from our house hunting trip and we'll be building a home in Knolls at the Neuse in Clayton - the houses there were by far the best value for the money compared to anywhere we looked in Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina or Clayton. We work from home and have lived in semi-rural areas before (although now we're in a city) so that doesn't scare us, and after seeing everything out there in our price range, the decision was easy.
Isn't it amazing that once you are here and check out the areas, your decision becomes very clear very quickly! Congrats on your new home!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary