Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 07:00 AM

43,458 posts, read 77,435,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Yet an 18 year old can be drafted and use....you guessed it, guns to protect themselves.

Again, guns are really just a small part of the problem. It's a people/society problem.

Childish MAGA deflectional trope.
That 18 year old VOLUNTEER is qualified for suitability more than the killers MAGA supports, is under leadership, trained, restricted, on a mission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2023, 07:06 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,313,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Childish MAGA deflectional trope.
That 18 year old VOLUNTEER is qualified for suitability more than the killers MAGA supports, is under leadership, trained, restricted, on a mission.
I think you have a severe misunderstanding about gun violence in America. Easier for you to just MAGA this MAGA that instead of actually thinking critically.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I think you have a severe misunderstanding about gun violence in America. Easier for you to just MAGA this MAGA that instead of actually thinking critically.

Yeah. I need to accept extreme level of gun violence because you have no solution....

Got it.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:11 AM

18,321 posts, read 15,849,885 times
I initially assumed the guy shot himself in the leg...since that's a thing that does happen.

Humans will always manage to injure other humans; stupidity cannot totally be legislated away, there's always more and greater levels of stupidity.

It's already illegal to shoot a gun at someone who isn't threatening your life at the moment. I suppose a consequence of such a shooting could be removing all firearms from someone with no prior record who violates the law, and they should be required to take and pass a rigorous gun safety class and whatever else, before obtaining possession back of their gun(s).

Old 03-10-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah. I need to accept extreme level of gun violence because you have no solution....

Got it.
I've posted ideas as to what I think could help, you just choose to ignore them and scream MAGA.

I hate gun violence and crime as much as anyone. You of all people know that, you're the one that gives me a hard time every time I post about it.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I've posted ideas as to what I think could help, you just choose to ignore them and scream MAGA.

I hate gun violence and crime as much as anyone. You of all people know that, you're the one that gives me a hard time every time I post about it.

You accept gun violence with a solution of more laws specifying punishment, rather than a reasonable view of prevention.
I don't "ignore" that vapid position.
You spread a wheezy purely MAGA/NRA trope and whine when that vapidity is noted.

Sheesh.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
You accept gun violence with a solution of more laws specifying punishment, rather than a reasonable view of prevention.
I don't "ignore" that vapid position.
You spread a wheezy purely MAGA/NRA trope and whine when that vapidity is noted.

Sheesh.
I accept gun violence? "Sheesh."

I'm a realist. Adding more laws isn't going to prevent people that want to illegally get guns from getting them. As I have said a thousand time, I'm not against trying it, I just have very high confidence that it's not the solution people think it is.

Did you know that fentanyl and other drugs kill more people than guns and car crashes combined? Fentanyl and other drugs are illegal, highly regulated, yet it spills into the country in massive amounts and are easily obtained illegally by those that want it. Why would you expect guns to be any different?

Sheesh!

Old 03-10-2023, 08:28 AM

192 posts, read 102,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoNotch View Post
Taking away guns will only remove them from the law abiding citizen.
Sandy Hook.

Old 03-10-2023, 09:30 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,129,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
Sandy Hook.
Bad example, the Mother bought the gun(s).

Old 03-10-2023, 09:36 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,374,592 times
Quote:
I accept gun violence? "Sheesh."

I'm a realist. Adding more laws isn't going to prevent people that want to illegally get guns from getting them. As I have said a thousand time, I'm not against trying it, I just have very high confidence that it's not the solution people think it is.

Did you know that fentanyl and other drugs kill more people than guns and car crashes combined? Fentanyl and other drugs are illegal, highly regulated, yet it spills into the country in massive amounts and are easily obtained illegally by those that want it. Why would you expect guns to be any different?

Sheesh!
Let's look at the list of mass shootings where the guns were legally purchased, then.

22 Mass Shootings. 374 Dead. Here's Where the Guns Came From

Uvalde? The shooter legally purchased an AR-style rifle used in taking 21 lives. Parkland? 17 killed using an M&P 15 rifle. And the list goes on. So, yeah, adding laws to control the easy purchase of assault weapons and guns would be a great first step in reducing the mass shootings plaguing the US in ways that don't seem to affect other parts of the world at the same rate. What's different? One key difference is those countries have stricter gun laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary