Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times

Advertisements

If you think the traffic in Cary is crazy try traveling on Capital Blvd/401 just south of Wake Forest where Triangle Town Center, Best Buy, etc. are. Yeah you're just a hop skip & a jump from all these places, but I would NOT want to deal with Capital Blvd. So we're glad we didn't buy in Wake Forest after experiencing that traffic.

Holly Springs has grown a lot. It now has a huge shopping center anchored by Super Wal-mart. It has 3 and soon to be 4 large grocery stores - Food Lion, Lowes Foods, & Harris Teeter. They are building a 2nd Harris Teeter on Hwy 55. Holly Springs has a brand new library & cultural center. The library while small is still a branch of the Wake County System. Wake County has a great internet site. You can pretty much get any book you'd like to read sent to your closest library within a day or two assuming it's available.

Holly Springs has Rocking at the Crossing the last Thursday of the months of May, June, & July. I haven't been but I'm assuming some kind of outdoor musical event. I keep meaning to attend, but always forget about it.

Holly Springs has a fairly nice Dollar Store! LOL. I like to buy the Sunday paper there on Monday for $1 to get the coupons for grocery shopping next door at Lowes Foods.

As for restaurants we have Bass Lake Ale House, some kind of Mexican restaurant (never been there so I can't remember it's name), McDonalds, Wendy's, Sonic Drive In, Homegrown Pizza, Rudinos Pizza, Subway, & Quiznos. There are probably more, but I can't recall at the moment anything else.

H.S. has CVS, soon to be 2 Walgreens, Rite Aid, RBC Bank, & Wachovia. I know there are others, but those are the biggies for banks. H.S. also has some first class daycare centers - The Goddard School for one. Another one was recently built on Holly Springs Rd. which I cannot recall the name of.

I don't live in H.S., but pretty darn close. I do a lot of my shopping in H.S. even tho I'm a Cary resident. I'm not running to Crossroads everyday for the things I need. Everything I need is relatively close by.

So I would choose Holly Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 02:56 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Default A wise man is humble before God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Funny post Grizz'
Glad to see that someone appreciates my sense of humor. I just couldn’t resist posting something so abstract. Especially since the original post was so ambiguous.

By the way, here's a great quote from Elenor Roosevelt, "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 PM

13 posts, read 37,056 times
Some other post in this site complains about the High Schools in Holly Springs. Does anyone knows anything??? How is the Subdivision Heritage Wake Forest and Also any Feedback on Wake Forest Neighbor Wakefield???

Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM

488 posts, read 1,555,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resaranca View Post
Some other post in this site complains about the High Schools in Holly Springs. Does anyone knows anything??? How is the Subdivision Heritage Wake Forest and Also any Feedback on Wake Forest Neighbor Wakefield???
I live in Heritage and love it. We truly have everything that we need and more right in the neighborhood. We have a Fishing Pond, playgrounds, walking trails, Harris Teeter, Soccer Fields, Ice Hockey, Figure Skating, Baseball diamonds, multiple preschools, churches, pocket parks, playgrounds, schools, resteraunts, bars, wine shop, ice cream shop, coffee shops, two pools, great golf course, tennis club.......and the list goes on. and all right in the neighborhood. We love it here.

We also really liked Wakefield. The problems for me with Wakefiled are:

1. it's so darn expensive to join their club and you have to meet the whole food/beverage quota on top of that. Most residents of Heritage have at least a Tennis/Pool membership and many more have full memberships. I think that it's a little more attainable in Heritage.

2. I hate Food Lion and Kroger is just okay.

3. I really dislike the power lines running through Wakefield.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 AM

153 posts, read 460,114 times
We checked out both Holly Springs and Wake Forest when we moved here. I just had a better feel about Holly Springs I guess. I like the idea of watching the town really reinvent itself and how far its come in the just the last 3 yrs is amazing. To say there is nothing for kids is really not at all the case...I swear there is some event every weekend...and weekdays too! Always something going on at Bass Lake Park, the new library and cultural center is having music and kids things all the time, Rockin at the crossing, Kids appreciation day just went by, 4th on the 5th is coming up (4th of July celebration with fireworks), Happy Holly Days Xmas parade, I mean the list goes on & on. There is Sonshine gymnastics, HS school of dance, a new Music training shop, Jump Zone, not to mention all the local pools, swim teams...tons of stuff. More than a family can get to. We do T ball with my son thru the town and its been great. Yes, we do have to go to Cary & Apex for Lowes or shopping, but not as much with the great Walmart we have now. I have tried to "get" Wake Forest and have been there several times, but I guess I just see it as much bigger than we wanted. And the commute on Capital...forget it! If I've got to spend 30 minutes on a road, I prefer a beautiful green country road.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Does Wake Forest Hold community events???

Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 AM

Everyone that is going for Holly Springs talk about the community events and Everyone that is going for Wake Forest talk about the many shopping and easy access to places. But is one town Better than the other. I still don't undertand why Wake Forest is more money that Holly Springs???

Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Does Wake Forest Hold community events???
Yes they have a family fair with live music at the Factory every Thursday night, they have free concerts at the old Wake Forest Birthplace--6-sundays, Art-After-hours ( Free carriage rides, artist receptions, wine-tastings and music are on tap for Wake Forest’s monthly art-and-shop event, Art After Hours. You will find it all in the historic downtown district on Friday, June 13, from 6 to 9 p.m) , Festival Fridays(There will be musical groups, storytellers, maybe a magician or a juggler, and definitely anyone who has a yen to entertain. “Our point is to provide a venue every Friday night, free to the public, for our teens to gather in a safe, fun environment and local artists to show their skills. We want the kids to be in a learning curve helping to understand what goes on and how to create and sustain the events. It is a vocational learning experience for them and requires their work,” Bob Johnson said. The entertainment will be on the grounds of the park, but if there is rain they will open the old cotton warehouse.

They have parades, 4th of July celebrations, there are also various festivals and community events within neighborhoods. heritage has quite a few.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Everyone that is going for Holly Springs talk about the community events and Everyone that is going for Wake Forest talk about the many shopping and easy access to places. But is one town Better than the other. I still don't undertand why Wake Forest is more money that Holly Springs???
Wake forest is more expensive because people will pay more to live there. Everyone has there own reason for wanting to live there but the only answer that I can give is that the prices are higher because people are willing to pay the price.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 PM

153 posts, read 460,114 times
I think that Wake Forest is more expensive because its an easier commute to RTP. HS would not be a fun commute to RTP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary