Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
Willow Spring is heaven on earth!!!! Well you are talking to a former Jersey Girl and I am so sick of the rat race in NJ and I have come to love tobacco farms and cows.

My subdivision is very nice and easy to get to the main areas for shopping. You will, as others have said do most shopping in Fuquay-Varina.. pronouced like this: "FEWQuay Vareena" to help you so you don't look goofy like i did saying FooQUAY.

They have SuperWalmart, Kroger, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Aldi grocery stores and Home Depot, CVS, Walgreens several banks.... As well as some other specialty stores like GameStop, $ stores, MANY fast food restaurants, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Blockbuster, Dunkin Donuts *but they can't seem to get light and sweet right like NJ did.. thats my only gripe LOL I'll live, And MANY MANY other places I can't list all at once but you get my drift.

Its not that far from Cary and Garner where you can do more shopping at Target, BJs, Kohls, and Cary Town Center mall. Among tons of other shops at Crossroads Center.

And yes we do have an elementary school and our own post office which are on the same street across from each other.

There are still many farms, mainly tobacco fields it seems. Cows are abundant too as well as horses. Its nice to drive by and see the farms.. very peaceful.

But we anticipate this to all change years down the road. Many farms will sell and more homes will go up.. hoping for a closeby Target honestly LOL

OH and there is a Lowes Food Store going up by 42 off 50 ... SO excited to see that!!!Not sure the exact cross street on that but its in that vicinity.

If you have any questions please ask anything you like. I am from NJ and been here almost exactly one year. The property taxes are SUPER cheap too. We haven't found anything we don't like here. The people are amazing.. we have learned that faith really matters and the way of life here is just ... well... its all good.

Linda
The new Lowes off of the 42 and 50 is about a mile from my new home. But my address is Raleigh, but I think, it is basically Garner, but not incorporated by them. I was very excited to see that Lowes was going in. Does anyone out there have a date of completion for that store???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 03:12 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2 View Post
Can't wait for that either! The more choices the better That's right down the street!
Hwy 42/50 is not the willow springs near fuquay.....just so you guys no that. That is a good ways from Fuquay...

Old 02-08-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Hwy 42/50 is not the willow springs near fuquay.....just so you guys no that. That is a good ways from Fuquay...
It is approximately 8 miles down the 42 to Fuquay. I know this because it says 12 miles to Fuquay as you get off the 40.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
It is approximately 8 miles down the 42 to Fuquay. I know this because it says 12 miles to Fuquay as you get off the 40.

Yeah, but there is two willow springs....one in Johnston co, the other near Fuquay (just 2 or 3 miles from Fuquay)

The one near hwy 50 is the one in Johnston

Old 02-09-2007, 05:31 AM

36 posts, read 214,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
I know that, but it's still down the street from me. I live near the intersection of Old Stage Road/Rt. 42 so the 42/50 intersection - while in Johnston Cty - is still "right down the road"

Old 02-09-2007, 11:21 AM

473 posts, read 1,737,229 times
Right I am in the WILLOW SPRING.. NOT SPRINGSSSSSSS of Wake County and I am just down the road from Old Stage Road off Bud Lipscomb and 42/50 is MUCH easier than going out to Super Walmart.

FV is BIG overall. I mean down the road where Elliotts Landing is off Kennebec.. thats considered FV. But I am about 2 miles from that and I am Willow Spring. And on Old Honeycutt they just put up a sign saying CITY LIMITS FV just before you hit Kennebec Rd. (which has already been knocked down twice within a week LOL)

OVERALL, if you are in Willow Springs, or SPRING with no S.. you are kind of far from all shopping.. but the point remains.. there is still no Lowes that close... the one in Holly Springs is still a hike for FV'ans.

Linda

Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 AM

That's true... the town in Wake County is "Willow Spring" and the town in Johnston County is "Willow Springs."

Whose bright idea was it to name 2 different towns so close together almost the same thing?!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2 View Post
That's true... the town in Wake County is "Willow Spring" and the town in Johnston County is "Willow Springs."

Whose bright idea was it to name 2 different towns so close together almost the same thing?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have wondered the same thing. Maybe Johnston County gave a good deal on some signs they cut the S off of.. "Hey Wake.. how about Willow Spring? I got some cheap signs for ya" LOL

Linda

Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have wondered the same thing. Maybe Johnston County gave a good deal on some signs they cut the S off of.. "Hey Wake.. how about Willow Spring? I got some cheap signs for ya" LOL

Linda
Geez, now I am really confused. I have no idea where I bought my house now. I thought I was near Willow Springs, or Willow Spring, who knew???

I guess that will be the fun of moving, explore, explore, explore.

Liz

Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Geez, now I am really confused. I have no idea where I bought my house now. I thought I was near Willow Springs, or Willow Spring, who knew???

What county are you in? If it's Wake (or if your zip is 27592) you're in Willow Spring. Otherwise, it's Willow Springs.

Now here's where it gets confusing. Even though *technically* in Wake it's Willow Spring, you'll see signs for Willow Springs everywhere. The elem school is "Willow Springs Elementary".

All this fuss over one little "s", lol!!

And LOL NCMommy2-4 about the signs - it probably was something silly like that!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary