Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times

Advertisements

It's a new year and we have loads of new members posting on the forum. Perhaps it is time for another meetup? I would be happy to coordinate it if there is enough interest. This time around I think we should try to meet in Raleigh. Exact meeting location yet to be determined but some possible locations include downtown Raleigh, the five points area, or North Hills. I'm looking into some possible places in those locations right now, but if you have a suggestion feel free to give a shout.

Anybody interested? Let's kick around some dates and times to see what works best for those interested in attending. In past meetups Sunday evenings have worked well but I am flexible and will coordinate the meeting on another day if that works better for the majority. Here are some potential meetup dates/times that I will throw out there for consideration to get things started:

January 25th 4pm-?
February 8th 4pm-?
February 15th 4pm-?

Please let me know if you are interested in participating. Once we settle on a date and location a new thread will be posted with the specifics of the meetup. I'm looking forward to catching up with long the time members and meeting some new people. Feel free to send me a DM if you have any questions or suggestions.

~ NRG

Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 PM

40 posts, read 86,710 times
Has there been one in Holly Springs yet?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-Jack View Post
I don't think so. I *think* there have been two in Cary and one in the Brier Creek area of Raleigh. There may have been one in Durham as well but I can't recall exactly where.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
It's a new year and we have loads of new members posting on the forum. Perhaps it is time for another meetup? I would be happy to coordinate it if there is enough interest. This time around I think we should try to meet in Raleigh. Exact meeting location yet to be determined but some possible locations include downtown Raleigh, the five points area, or North Hills. I'm looking into some possible places in those locations right now, but if you have a suggestion feel free to give a shout.

Anybody interested? Let's kick around some dates and times to see what works best for those interested in attending. In past meetups Sunday evenings have worked well but I am flexible and will coordinate the meeting on another day if that works better for the majority. Here are some potential meetup dates/times that I will throw out there for consideration to get things started:

January 25th 4pm-?
February 8th 4pm-?
February 15th 4pm-?

Please let me know if you are interested in participating. Once we settle on a date and location a new thread will be posted with the specifics of the meetup. I'm looking forward to catching up with long the time members and meeting some new people. Feel free to send me a DM if you have any questions or suggestions.

~ NRG
Woooooo-Hoooooo!
Alert the National Guard!
I'm good for any date you can get a mob out to.

Krispy-Kreme???

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-02-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM

746 posts, read 2,248,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Woooooo-Hoooooo!
Alert the National Guard!
I'm good for any date you can get a mob out to.

Krispy-Kreme???
only if the hot light is on!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-Jack View Post
where would you suggest that such an event be held in Holly Springs?

ps I am impressed by 24 Jack's prolific postings in the 3 days he has been contributing to the Forum; he seems to have taken Holly Springs by storm Welcome to the Forum

Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM

Hey, maybe the Boylan Bridge Brew Pub in downtown Raleigh will be open in time to have our meetup there.

Hhmmmmmm

Any other suggestions??

Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,785 times
Quote:
Hey, maybe the Boylan Bridge Brew Pub in downtown Raleigh will be open in time to have our meetup there.

Hhmmmmmm

Any other suggestions??
I think that's an excellent idea, it's high time for a meetup in ITB Raleigh!

I want to try and make this one, there are so many I haven't met.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:

Hhmmmmmm

Any other suggestions??
I like it!
ITB!
ITB!
LOL!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:40 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,682,880 times
Count me in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary