Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
The last home I owned was in a town in the vicinity of Quabbin Reservoir. Feel free to look up what a Quabbin Reservoir is. The reservoir area was quite nice.
Or you could just tell us the name of the town -- so we know what Cary is being compared to

Old 01-11-2009, 02:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
I've seen...New Braintree (area), Charlton, and East Brookfield. Oh yeah...and for a little while it was Rochester, NY...but that was just to get to me for whatever reason.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:09 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Or you could just tell us the name of the town -- so we know what Cary is being compared to
He'll never tell you b/c the point he is trying to make is that MA is dying.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post

I think not. Not to insult anyone, but this is a forum and I don't know most people here. Given that I have already received threats from members and there is a lot of hostility toward anyone who is thrilled to be living in the Triangle, I would rather not provide to much information that would give away my name. I don't need some crazy person tracking me down at work, because he/she is unhappy that I am happy to be here or that I feel joy in others happiness when they move here and have a life changing experience as we did.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
...........and there is a lot of hostility toward anyone who is thrilled to be living in the Triangle
Waaaaaaaaaa! Really? I'm confused even more. Why would someone be hostile towards anyone who is thrilled to be living in the Triangle? I'm just asking. SMH

Old 01-11-2009, 02:37 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Waaaaaaaaaa! Really? I'm confused even more. Why would someone be hostile towards anyone who is thrilled to be living in the Triangle? I'm just asking. SMH

I have never experienced that in the outside world, but I have experienced it here from some and have received some disturbing DM's and emails, including threats. You never know who you are dealing with online. I think the reasoning is because what I post is not taken they way in which it was meant. As the move here from MA has made such an incredible difference in our lives, I like to share our experiences with others, in an attempt to give others hope and inspiration. There are a lot of people that just don't like the situation that they are in, so my intention is to show them what the move has done for us. It may or may not work the same for them, but I am only providing our experiences. When I post the great things about how good life is here, I think it can be taken as a NA NA NA NA NA type of thing, when that is not my intent at all. I find that in life it is all to easy to focus on what is wrong, rather than all that is good. We sometimes can just take things for granted during the course of day to day life and we forget to stop to smell the roses. I was like this at one point in my life. There was a series of events in my life that made me re-access life and what really mattered and I became a different person. Now I always look around and appreciate everything. Even the smallest details. It gave us the courage to quit good jobs, sell a nice home and move to NC with no jobs and start over. Having positive thoughts & energy has resulted in a completely different life for us. We are now living a life that we never thought we could ever live. So I get really excited all the time and I vent that excitement on this forum, in an effort to motivate and lift up others. At least that is my intent, but as most people here don't really know me (except for Jenny_B), they just don't know how to take what I post. They don't know if I am serious, an instigator or have a few screws loose. But I am serious and it is meant to be a motivator for those looking for something better. I want to share in our good fortune and give it to others, if possible.

That felt good to vent.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times

please continue your fireside chat in direct message this isnt a chat room .

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary