Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,593 times

Advertisements

Try also Sunset Ridge -- Lots of kids, well built custom homes, will benefit from 540 but not close enough to hear it. Watch out for Woodcreek because we heard 540 is going to be within spitting distance from the clubhouse - and they are building another community on the other side of the road (same entrance) that will also share the pool and clubhouse. That's alot of people using one facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 AM

71 posts, read 210,258 times
You can see the location for I-540 and Triangle Expressway by visiting the NCDOT website at NCDOT: I-540 Raleigh Outer Loop.

There are several different home sizes/prices and builders in the Amberly Subdivision near Cary Park. And their pool complex is awesome.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-12-2009 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Fixed the non-working link

Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w&jmom View Post
Watch out for Woodcreek because we heard 540 is going to be within spitting distance from the clubhouse - and they are building another community on the other side of the road (same entrance) that will also share the pool and clubhouse. That's alot of people using one facility.

You can see on maps where 540 is going to run along side Woodcreek. Wieland builds great homes and that subdivision is going to be pretty when completed, but I wouldn't want a major freeway running along side my neighborhood. Right now it seems new construction is quite often going to get you a freeway in your neighborhood.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:55 AM

71 posts, read 210,258 times
It will pass between Twyla Road and the USA Baseball Park.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 AM

297 posts, read 740,320 times
I live in Cary Park, and I would suggest you give it a good look over, FC's comments aside.

Cary Park is a diverse neighborhood, in that you have town homes, condos, and several levels of single family homes. We don't mind living around different home types. The townhomes and condos are usually home to singles or couples. Some are priced as low as $100K, some up in the $200-300K range. It provides variety. The various levels of home prices/sizes in the single family division mean that some families will live in $300K homes and some in $1m homes. Once again, it brings a variety of people, which we like. Plus, it gives people a chance to move up in home size and not leave the area.

The lakes are great and there are lots of walking paths. The neighborhood is huge, but very walkable. People are walking dogs and riding bikes all the time. There are TONS of kids.

The schools are great, and there is less possibility of being sent elsewhere, even with the neighborhood schools issue being raised by the new school board. The elementary school, and next year, the new middle school, are directly across Green Level to Durham (soon to be Green Level Church Road or something like that) from Cary Park.

Harris Teeter is directly across the street from Cary Park. I'd rather have a cheaper super market available, but it's great when you just need to make a milk run.

FC mentioned the pools. The pools are great. We were pool members this past summer and there were only a couple of days that I remember thinking it was crowded, but on warm Saturdays, that's understandable. A lot of times, we felt like we were in an exclusive club there were so few people. Yet, there were just enough kids for our kids to have a blast. They lowered the fees last summer and I'm curious to see what they'll be next year, but for CP residents, the annual fee was $400.

We find Cary Park to be a comfortable mixture in many ways.

Last edited by NoneOfThis; 11-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: to clarify school statement

Old 11-12-2009, 02:49 AM

299 posts, read 635,047 times
To say 540 is going to run alongside Woodcreek, which is situated between Sunset Lake Road and Main St. is really a stretch. After Main St. or the "old" 55, which are to the West, you have the new section of 55 running parallel to them. This road, which will intersect with 540 about 3 miles to the North of the entrance to Woodcreek. However, the portion of 540 ends North of Woodcreek, then curves to the east after the exit to 55, it is not running along next to it. My son did quite a bit of research before buying. Also, the Clubhouse is not going to
be used by both communities and the next community probably won't be started for another 5 years from what the builder said. They haven't even bought all the land necessary to build the community.
I also went through this community prior to buying and was very impressed with what I saw. You need to see the area for yourself before you decide for or against ANY community. There were things I was warned against in different areas of the county because it was too close to major traffic, bad area, etc. Take your pick, there are always pros and cons for every area.

In Holly Springs, you can't go wrong with either Woodcreek or Sunset Ridge IMHO

Last edited by AKR27540; 11-12-2009 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-12-2009, 05:52 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dremmy View Post
I understand your situation, we've been looking to move to Cary for the past couple of years and we decided to build in Hilliard Forest.

Moderator cut: No recommendations from members with fewer than 10 posts, per T.O.S.

We have kids so having lots of kids in a neighborhood is very important to us as well as a pool. I can tell you that Hilliard Forest is loaded with children. Kids are always outside playing when we go check on the house and the neighbors are very friendly. Everyone wants the pool to be built and this will happen when there are more sales. The schools that Hilliard Forest is zoned for currently are very strong (Highcroft elementary) and with the baseball field/and park right across the street, the subdivision is very attractive.
"Loaded with Children"???

Exactly how many children do the TEN occupied homes in HF have living in them???

I also like the last closing-4159 square feet for $383,000. I'd be real happy if I paid over 600K for the same square footage in the same neighborhood a year ago.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 AM

6 posts, read 12,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post

Exactly how many children do the TEN occupied homes in HF have living in them???

I also like the last closing-4159 square feet for $383,000. I'd be real happy if I paid over 600K for the same square footage in the same neighborhood a year ago.
26 children

Old 11-13-2009, 01:28 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
To say 540 is going to run alongside Woodcreek, which is situated between Sunset Lake Road and Main St. is really a stretch. After Main St. or the "old" 55, which are to the West, you have the new section of 55 running parallel to them. This road, which will intersect with 540 about 3 miles to the North of the entrance to Woodcreek. However, the portion of 540 ends North of Woodcreek, then curves to the east after the exit to 55, it is not running along next to it. My son did quite a bit of research before buying. Also, the Clubhouse is not going to
be used by both communities and the next community probably won't be started for another 5 years from what the builder said. They haven't even bought all the land necessary to build the community.
I also went through this community prior to buying and was very impressed with what I saw. You need to see the area for yourself before you decide for or against ANY community. There were things I was warned against in different areas of the county because it was too close to major traffic, bad area, etc. Take your pick, there are always pros and cons for every area.

In Holly Springs, you can't go wrong with either Woodcreek or Sunset Ridge IMHO
It isn't a stretch at all. Check out this map. NCDOT: Pdf Document

Enlarge to 800% to get a good, close up view of the protected corridor for the southern portion of 540 where it is slated to cross Sunset Lake Rd near Holly Springs Rd. It WILL be very near Woodcreek provided they don't abandon this corridor and build further south (highly unlikely). The EASTERN portion will end up near 55 which is about 3 miles from WC and due to be complete 2012. Granted the southern section isn't slated to be complete until 2016 or something like that, but it is still pretty close to Woodcreek. Look at Google maps to see where the lots in WC lay and where the protected corridor is to get an even better feel. You can see, very clearly, the rectangular path of protected land that crosses over Heritage Meadows Ln in WC right by the clubhouse. That is the protected path for 540.

We were looking to buy in The Woods by JW in HS and when we investigated about how far 540 would be from the lot we wanted the sales rep there said "oh, it's going to be that far?" So I don't put a lot of stock into what the on-site sales agents say. I'm not knocking JW. We live in a JW home and love it, but we wouldn't choose to live in a neighborhood butting up to a major freeway/tollway.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM

513 posts, read 1,604,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post

that was the ryan home....different quality but it sucks for the people that built last year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary