Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM

220 posts, read 866,121 times

Advertisements

I'd say stick with Apex or Holly Springs. We just bought in Apex and we LOVE IT! Plus the homes have held their value in those areas. Cary is over built (in my opinion) and is a little crowded...Fuquay is a bit of a drive from Raleigh. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:06 PM

397 posts, read 805,243 times
It's a great time to buy into Apex and Cary. Housing prices are down and you can get into Cary and Apex now for a lot less than in the past.

It's a buyers market and there are tons of places on the market for really good prices.

No need to drive out to Fuquay or Garner - unless you just really want to.

But the further you go out, the more land you get. You can get huge lots out in Clayton 3/4 - 1 acre and a lot more privacy. You just have to drive further. But traffic patterns and where you work matter a lot depending on how far you want to go.

I lived in Holly Springs for 3 year and it's really close to 55/Apex.

Your dollar goes farther out there and soem really nice places are to be had in this market.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,297 times
Depends on where you need to be in Raleigh, but I live in Fuquay (granted, the northern edge) and can be in downtown Raleigh as fast or faster than anyone with an Apex or Holly Springs address. Garner is even closer to downtown - parts of Garner would only be 10 minutes to downtown Raleigh.

I will concede that Apex is more centrally located and convenient to the area as a whole - RTP/Cary/parts of North Raleigh, but I'm less than 20 minutes from the center of downtown up 401.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,992,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVmommy View Post
Depends on where you need to be in Raleigh, but I live in Fuquay (granted, the northern edge) and can be in downtown Raleigh as fast or faster than anyone with an Apex or Holly Springs address. Garner is even closer to downtown - parts of Garner would only be 10 minutes to downtown Raleigh.

I will concede that Apex is more centrally located and convenient to the area as a whole - RTP/Cary/parts of North Raleigh, but I'm less than 20 minutes from the center of downtown up 401.
Yeah, I've always thought that Holly Springs was the most out of the way, given that there is no major East-West roads nearby. But I have a feeling people who live in Holly Springs like being out of the way...enjoy it while it lasts...

Old 03-11-2010, 04:34 PM

98 posts, read 131,644 times
The best advice I can give is to not listen to generalized statements stating that town is too far or this town is closest. The southwestern most parts of Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay will be far. But the eastern parts are close. The towns here are very big and to say one is too far is flat out wrong. People who claim this simply do not know all the areas of each town. Location within each town can make a huge difference. If you work in South Raleigh, you don't want to live in North Raleigh because of the big distance to travel and yet it is the same city. DO NOT USE MAPQUEST to decide location. It will use the center of the town, which can be over a dozen miles from the other end of the same town.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:46 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,814,386 times
You could also live in the 27539 zipcode and actually live within Cary town limits.
I've lived in two homes in Cary. Neither one had a Cary mailing address-one was Morrisville 27560 and the other is Apex 27539.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary