Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM

129 posts, read 336,602 times

Advertisements

I would like to find a place in Cary, Apex, or Morrisville where I can take my mom and she can dance like she used to. She's 77 and she so loved to dance with my father. Does anyone have any ideas? Raleigh's okay too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I copied this from our Brentwood neighborhood web site. (I put it there, so there is no copyright problem. )

It's a couple years old, so I don't know how updated it is.

So please CALL ahead first.

For dance lovers:
Arthur Murray Dance Studio
2733 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, N.C. 27604
919-872-8900

• Individual and couples lessons
  • Public dances
A Step To Gold International Ballroom
6278 Glenwood Av., Raleigh, N.C.
Pleasant Valley Promenade
919-781-6868
A Step To Gold International Ballroom - Raleigh, North Carolina

• Individual and group lessons, public dances
Carmen’s Cuban Café and Lounge:
This is a Latin teamed restaurant club that has sizzling’ Latin dancing.
108 Factory Shops Road, Morrisville, N.C. (near hwy 54)
919-467-8080

Loafer’s
Shag, Lindy and West Coast Swing dancing. Lessons in Shag and West Coast Swig are given there. Close to Brentwood at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and New Hope Church Road.
919-872-5335
Loafers Beach Club Home Page

Music and Dance
888-21SWING
Individual and group dance lessons DJ services
Sunday dances at the Elk’s Lodge (East and West Coast Swing, Latin and Ballroom)
Carolina Dance Club Members get discounted dance lessons and Sunday admission. Memberships are available every Sunday at the dance or on line

Red’s Beach Music
Red’s recently reopened after changing locations. It is know for Shag and it attracts a mature audience. Red’s is now located off Capital Boulevard, inside the beltline, on the right, on the way into down town. The building is painted red.
919-876-7337

The Red Room
Restaurant with Latin Dancing on Glenwood South
510 Glenwood Ave.
919-835-1322

T J’s Nightlife
Shag, line dances, ballroom and now Country to fill the gap left by the closing of the Long Branch. Razs deck party is every Thursday night where you can eat on the deck and dance to the music of a live band. T J’s is off Atlantic Avenue right past Millbrook Road, across from Capital Ford’s service department and beside Burrage Music Co.

USA Dance
This is a ballroom dance that takes place the third Saturday of each month. It is located at Highland United Methodist Church at the corner of Lake Boone Trail and Ridge Road, inside the beltline. This is an organization that rents church space.

The Tuneswingers
Big band music, the fourth Thursday of each month at the Elk's Club. The Elk's Club is located at the intersection of Millbrook and Lead Mine Roads. The band and their female singer/musician play Big Band style music from 8:00 to 10:30 p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
I would like to find a place in Cary, Apex, or Morrisville where I can take my mom and she can dance like she used to. She's 77 and she so loved to dance with my father. Does anyone have any ideas? Raleigh's okay too.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 03-08-2010 at 09:35 PM..

Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,149,679 times
I don't know about the other ones on lovebrentwood's list, but I know the Sunday night dances at the Elk's Lodge are still going on.

These are good dances too: Welcome to the Triangle Swing Dance Society ! — Triangle Swing Dance Society Homepage

Old 03-21-2010, 10:41 AM

129 posts, read 336,602 times
Thank you both. I will check out the ones that are not focused on lessons. She already knows how to dance, just wants to find a place where other people want to dance like they did in the olden days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary