Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 AM

838 posts, read 2,525,965 times

Advertisements

I live less than a mile from where a Bloom was supposed to be built on Holly Springs Rd. That whole development appears to be stalling. Wonder how much more they can do with a parking lot and widening the road for turn-in lanes?

Lowe's Foods and a new HT on the corner of Ten Ten/Kildaire won't fare well for any new grocery store in the area. The new HT is very nice, just wish they would have put a Starbucks in there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:12 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,708,858 times
Forget Trader Joe's, we need Wegmans. I think HT and Fresh Market are wary of Wegmans and that is why they have been sprucing up their stores.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
The new Harris Teeter at North Hills reminded me of Wegmans a little bit, especially with the fresh pizza station in the middle of the store. It also seemed to have a nice produce display. Unfortunately, much of the rest of the store seemed to be junk food, and it is a small store, not meant for weekly family shopping trips, especially with that elevator. It seemed geared for singles who do most of their food consumption elsewhere (not so much at home).

I hope Wegmans enters the Triangle market in my lifetime. It will be fun to see all those other stores scramble to keep customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Forget Trader Joe's, we need Wegmans. I think HT and Fresh Market are wary of Wegmans and that is why they have been sprucing up their stores.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 AM

475 posts, read 1,575,957 times
UGHS - Food Lion. Agree with all the posters, not at all enthused that Food Lion will open instead of Bloom.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:12 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,842 times
Not a big fan of Food Lion either - and I really hate the "Welcome to Food Lion!" that they shout at you as you come in!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,151,314 times
I have yet to meet a person who likes food lion. How do they survive?

Food lion has the worst produce in the universe.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
I have yet to meet a person who likes food lion. How do they survive?
Cheap prices?

I shop at the one near my house if I am feeling too lazy to drive a little further to another store and just need a few non-perisable items. I'd probably do more shopping there if the store wasn't dirty and disorganized. It would have been interesting to see what a Bloom was like though!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM

835 posts, read 3,979,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Or, the Food Lion opening there never allows the center to get back on track.

Man, I really hate this news. Food Lions are so crappy. I was hoping that Bloom would be just the ticket for this area and might give a decent alternative to HT and Lowes. It is aimed at high tech consumers after all.

I live less than a mile from the Davis Drive location so this really affects me. I know that ther eare plenty of smaller shops in BEthany Village that are probably super happy to see anythign there as they did not count on having no anchor there for a year when they opened, so I guess that is a silver lining. Maybe because it is new it will not be too horrible, though I just don;t see myself ever buying much perishable stuff at a Food Lion, ever.

What I meant by back on track is the building of the center back on track because it isn't built yet- stopped work about 6 months ago due to financial issues with developer I think. Just did site work and left it.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I visited a Wegman's in State College, PA during Thanksgiving. If we had one down here, I would bow down and thank the grocery store gods. It's better than Whole Foods, Harris Teeter and Trader Joes combined. But, I doubt we'd ever get one here.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,586,211 times
I think we might be a tad to far south for Wegmans, I see they are opening stores in Massachusetts, wrong way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary