Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 AM

18 posts, read 50,835 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I've heard that there will not be bus transporatation for the magnet schools from 2011 academic year. Is that true?

My daughter would start elementary next year.
I'm interested in
Combs Elementary - Magnet and
Fuller Elementary - Magnet .

If there is going to be bus transportation, I see that Combs Elementary buses are not coming to west cary side.

Please provide your thoughts/feedback on these schools and about the transportation?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,119,385 times
I had not heard this for all magnet schools. Combs did not used to offer any bus service for magnet students (only for base students), but it looks like they might have an express bus stop to Reedy Creek Elementary in Cary and the Apex Community Center. You would pick your child up from one of those locations.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks lamishra !
Can anybody please mention here, the bus pick up and drop off time at Reedy Creek Elementary in Cary and Apex Community Center for Combs Elementary - Magnet school

Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,849,950 times
My kids' bus driver told them there would be no neighborhood pick up for them next year for magnet school. I would assume she would know the inside scoop- just wish she had not shared that with the kids. But, at this point, it's still all just hearsay.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM

260 posts, read 638,562 times
Use your home address at following webpage Determine School by Student Address. It will list possible magnet schools that you can apply for and available bus options. I do not think board is going to change magnet transportation for next year. That would be bad because a lot of parents applied/accepted magnet entry based on bussing option that was available. Now for future - Based on the way it has been discussed lately in the board meetings, it is likely ( not set in stone ) that they may only provide express bussing to magnet schools starting 2011-2012 school year.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:25 PM

260 posts, read 638,562 times
Looking further at WCPSS site, combs have 2 express bus routes.
COMBS # 1 (GOLD-EXPRESS)

Morning stops (most runs reversed in afternoon) from earliest to latest:
  • PENNY RD ELEM
  • SWIFT CREEK ELEM
  • SCHOOL: COMBS
COMBS # 6 (ORANGE- EXPRESS)

• REEDYCREEK ELEMENTARY-EXPRESS
  • APEX COMMUNITY CENTER-LAURA DUNCAN RD

Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
My kids' bus driver told them there would be no neighborhood pick up for them next year for magnet school. I would assume she would know the inside scoop- just wish she had not shared that with the kids. But, at this point, it's still all just hearsay.
Interesting. I'm not seeing this info anywhere else, so if it's true, it must still be under wraps. Seems like if they were going to make that decision, (which I don't entirely disagree with, given the grim budget situation) they could have released that information in the last two weeks when people were accepting newly assigned magnet seats, many of them probably expecting transportation! I wonder if they will go to express busing for all magnets or really offer no busing.
I guess it kind of makes sense, because the new board did recently decide to make magnet seats NOT based on your neighborhood.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachivalay View Post
Looking further at WCPSS site, combs have 2 express bus routes.
COMBS # 1 (GOLD-EXPRESS)

• PENNY RD ELEM
  • SWIFT CREEK ELEM
COMBS # 6 (ORANGE- EXPRESS)

• REEDYCREEK ELEMENTARY-EXPRESS
  • APEX COMMUNITY CENTER-LAURA DUNCAN RD
I saw this as well, I only posted the those last two because the OP was asking specifically about West Cary.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Thanks all for the reply's. Looks like there wont be neighbourhood bus drop off's, only express routes.
Is there any parents out there, that can mention what are the bus drop off and pick up times for the COMBS#6 to REEDYCREEK ELEMENTARY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary