Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM

95 posts, read 304,575 times

Advertisements

Me an my dh have a problem with the re agent that we chose.
We came to charlotte a couple months ago an he took us around to places we wanted to see an gave us loads of info. I have no complaints on this.
He was great. When we went to leave he had us sign a paper stating what he took us to an so forth. He said it was just proof that he showed us homes so that anyone other agent would see he had already worked with us before. He told us when we were ready to give him a call an he would help us rent then buy when it came time.

We called him :

1= the towns we want to rent from he is only half familiar with. But he said he would try.

2= He is having family sickness (witch I am sorry for) so I don’t think even if he can find what we want he may not be able to put in his full capabilities.

This is very important because we are doing this all from out of state,
My question being

Can we change agents?
Is what we signed some how binding?

I want to change agents my dh thinks it will be ok.

I have found a different company to work with but haven’t contacted them.
What do we or can we do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 06:34 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,899,410 times
Just call him and tell him that you would rather work with someone more familiar with the towns you are looking to rent in and what is the procedure. Wish his family the best, let him know should you look in his areas in the future you will contact him and thank him for all the hard work he's done. You have every right to work with another agent if that is what you want to do, but he has earned a commission if you take one of the places he's shown you.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 AM

510 posts, read 3,201,884 times
Like Palm said... the paper you signed is more to protect the agent from you selecting one of the properties he invested time and money into showing you. If you were to remove him from the transactions, and take one of the shown properties it wouldn't be fair. It's only logical to do this, as there are people out there who will just use an agent.

So, it's rare that you're bound to an agent for any properties they've not shown you.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. I will make sure that if he did show it he would get the commision, thats only fair as yall have stated. I feel bad for him I do, I just have to look out for my family first. thanks again

Old 09-19-2007, 12:08 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charms4him View Post
Me an my dh have a problem with the re agent that we chose.
We came to charlotte a couple months ago an he took us around to places we wanted to see an gave us loads of info. I have no complaints on this.
He was great. When we went to leave he had us sign a paper stating what he took us to an so forth. He said it was just proof that he showed us homes so that anyone other agent would see he had already worked with us before. He told us when we were ready to give him a call an he would help us rent then buy when it came time.

We called him :

1= the towns we want to rent from he is only half familiar with. But he said he would try.

2= He is having family sickness (witch I am sorry for) so I don’t think even if he can find what we want he may not be able to put in his full capabilities.

This is very important because we are doing this all from out of state,
My question being

Can we change agents?
Is what we signed some how binding?

I want to change agents my dh thinks it will be ok.

I have found a different company to work with but haven’t contacted them.
What do we or can we do?
Yes, I would definitely call him and talk to him about it. Also check your paperwork -- make sure it indicates the specific area, and not just Charlotte in general, or else you would need to be released in writing.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 PM

I did look at the papers an it had listed the homes we saw. so that shouldnt be a problem. thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals