Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:52 PM

713 posts, read 2,672,294 times

Advertisements

I already explained this one earlier in this thread. I'm tired and worn out.

hiknapster, that situation I shared with you has been going on for two years. I doubt many would still be standing after all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,349 times
Default improve realtors?

you can't. most of them are only in it for the quick buck, know very little about values, trends, abosultley nothing about financing and only work towards the interest of their pockets. Overpriced paper pushers! By a home through a private owner and save 6%. If you must deal with a realtor, b-sure to get 5 references, and make certain they have been licensed for umpteen yrs and DO NOT do business with any realtor who also moonlight as a "Professional Mortgage Loan Officer" and/or one who pushes you to do business with any particualr third-party!!!!!

What happend to the "Old School" hard-working realtor on the 70-s & 80-s.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:59 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,517,253 times
Realtors make too much money for doing so little. Why should I pay someone, anyone 7% to put a sign in my yard and a picture of my house online and then get a contract that I can pick up at a title company by myself anyway and tell me what to write on it. If you are going to purchase property, get a bank and a title company. They wont let you go wrong. The bank wants your buisness and the title company will make you happy because they want the bank to bring them more buisness.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Gsd

What does one need if they are selling property? Our contract runs out and we are going it alone as I just got a call from another interested party. Meanwhile, the bimbo called us...2 1/2 days later and has yet to show our house ONE time. She's relying on other agents to sell the house for her. For a gal just starting out, she has no gumption or spark. That is not a good sign. And the man who is s'pose to be training her is non-existent. We thought we were getting a team and we are getting a 1/4 of an agent. But that's right, it's the client's fault, not the agents.

Word to the wise: Anyone making excuses for this type of behavior...well, that's very telling.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,615,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
What does one need if they are selling property? Our contract runs out and we are going it alone as I just got a call from another interested party. Meanwhile, the bimbo called us...2 1/2 days later and has yet to show our house ONE time. She's relying on other agents to sell the house for her. For a gal just starting out, she has no gumption or spark. That is not a good sign. And the man who is s'pose to be training her is non-existent. We thought we were getting a team and we are getting a 1/4 of an agent. But that's right, it's the client's fault, not the agents.

Word to the wise: Anyone making excuses for this type of behavior...well, that's very telling.

so fire her- people are disposable. especially in real estate.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,517,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post

I would put a For sale by owner sign in my yard, find a buyer and one on one fill out a contract. Be very specific as to what property stays and go's as well as sale pending on proper financing by a certain date that you both agree on. Turn the contract in to the title company. The buyer will take a copy to their lender and you to yours if their is a note on it.

I dont know the process in your state, but I have done this several times. You save your self big money. I was only out about 500 on buying this way and about $1000 on a sale. This was much much less than with a realtor.

If I were you, I would call a locat Title comany and ask them for advise and a general contract. If you get their contract, USE THEM! Or you can call a bank and ask a mortgage loan officer what title company they use on home sales and if they can give you advise or recomendations. Hope this helps!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Sunny...

Would you believe we tried. We wanted another fellow in the office and he wanted to take our listing but the man who is "training" this gal...and is office manager would not return our calls. He's MIA almost from the get-go. We do not want to incur the cost of getting out and IF we ever sign with another agent we will make sure there's a big goose egg where the fees list or not bother. Our contract is almost up with them. Thank God!!!

I called a sister agency of same named firm (broker is using the name on office but it's privately run) and she listened to my account. She was appalled at what I told her esp. since I have proof to back it up. She is going to talk to broker of agency (but he never returns calls either) as it is making her look bad. We do have a future plan up our sleeves and for now are focusing on selling the house which is priced below mkt. value so that is helping. We shouldn't have to be dealing w/all this nonsense. One hires a realtor to make things easier not create more work. And what really hurts is hearing her giggle in the back ground. Well, karma, lady. Karma. Live and learn.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Yes, it does, GSD. Thanks so much for your sound advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,200,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
I would put a For sale by owner sign in my yard, find a buyer and one on one fill out a contract. Be very specific as to what property stays and go's as well as sale pending on proper financing by a certain date that you both agree on. Turn the contract in to the title company. The buyer will take a copy to their lender and you to yours if their is a note on it.

I dont know the process in your state, but I have done this several times. You save your self big money. I was only out about 500 on buying this way and about $1000 on a sale. This was much much less than with a realtor.

If I were you, I would call a locat Title comany and ask them for advise and a general contract. If you get their contract, USE THEM! Or you can call a bank and ask a mortgage loan officer what title company they use on home sales and if they can give you advise or recomendations. Hope this helps!
You have to have a GOOD attorney working only for you. Florida has laws about things like disclosure and so forth. You get caught covering something up and it can cost you big time. My sister on the sale of her last house had to refund $50,000 to the buyer when they found a leak under the foundation had created such a large cavity the back side of the house was actually breaking off. It was a major repair. She told me she didn't know anything about. Maybe she did maybe she didn't, that's her business but she ended up paying.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:18 PM

Mac, how old was the house she sold...if you don't mind me asking. My SO was thinking of hiring a real estate attorney. We truly do want everything done for the best of all parties concerned. It may not save us much money but at least the house would get sold the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals