Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,615,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Oh my yes, getting into the bathtub!!
Yes, and the commentary is NOT what someone usually comments when viewing a home; these people on these shows are for the most part very RUDE. We purchased and sold several homes, and cannot relate with any of this, never once have I told my husband that I'm getting the master closet and he has to go elsewhere! Who does that aside from someone really uneducated and rude.

1. As sellers we always depersonalized our homes. So, I could care less what they touch, w always cleaned up before a new showing. That's is usually #1 advice any respectable realtor would give you anyway. If you want your "personal stuff" touched, don't leave it out!

2. We wanted to do everything to make the sale, and not end up with 2 mortgages! I could care less if they bring kids or not, we've never had an issue, we usually asked everyone to take their shoes off, and not drag mud/dirt inside; others provide disposable slippers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 10:53 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

I have often canceled appointments for buyers because their child derailed on them after a home or two.
A seller is indispensable. A buyer is indispensable. Realtors are a dime a dozen.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:56 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Wonder what would happen...we don't allow shoes in the house.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Yes, and the commentary is NOT what someone usually comments when viewing a home; these people on these shows are for the most part very RUDE. We purchased and sold several homes, and cannot relate with any of this, never once have I told my husband that I'm getting the master closet and he has to go elsewhere! Who does that aside from someone really uneducated and rude.
You realize most of things that happen on these shows are scripted, right?

Old 10-13-2013, 11:06 AM

43,314 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
A seller is indispensable. A buyer is indispensable. Realtors are a dime a dozen.
LOL
Trolls are more dispensable than buyers, sellers, or real estate agents, as trolls absolutely never attempt to bring any intellect or conversational value to any exchange of thought.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 10-13-2013 at 12:06 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 11:08 AM

43,314 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wonder what would happen...we don't allow shoes in the house.
As you can see here in the past, many CD'ers do not respect your home.
They are BUYERS, By Gawd, and if you EVER want to sell that overpriced, decrepit, fallen down love shack (that they adore), you WILL bend to their will and their proclivities for disrespect of your ownership!

Old 10-13-2013, 11:19 AM

550 posts, read 1,488,177 times
I have to say, I'm amazed at some of the replies in this thread.

I'm selling currently, and whether or not I wanted people's kids in my house for a showing has never even crossed my mind. I always assumed that people who had kids would bring them unless the kids were in school or something. The buyers are going to be responsible for any damage they do to the house while looking at it, whether they do the damage or their kids do it. It's up to them to decide if their kids can be trusted and how closely they need to be supervised. Plus, I don't have anything nice anyway, and if I did I took it all to my mom and dad's before I listed.

My parents bought a new house when I was 8-9 years old and my sister was 12-13. We went along for all the showings. The fact that we didn't make money or pay the mortgage did not change the fact that we were members of the family, and the whole family would be moving in to the new house. I'm pretty sure we were a large part of the reason why they were even looking for a new house, so of course they were going to include us in the process. That said, any time my parents said they liked or didn't like a particular house, I just kind of went along with them. At eight years old I didn't have strong opinions on linoleum vs. tile or split level vs. bi-level. My parents never treated us like we were second class citizens in our own home because we didn't make any money or pay the bills. I really don't understand that attitude.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,927 times
I knew a family who the father commuted long distances for 4 years.

They ( he and his wife) said their kids ( young boys) didn't want to move and it took 4 years of begging to get their approval.

Sounds like the tail wagging the dog.
( same with kids who have input on buying a house )

Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
As a seller I don't even occupy the house when its for sale. So bring whoever you want. If I was occupying the house I expect you to pay for any damage done by you or your kids if little Bobby has a tantrum and kicks a hole in my wall. Otherwise I don't care whose approval you need to buy the house.
My houses are not child proofed. I expect you to keep your kids in line. It's STILL my house and you are simply assessing the fact if you want to bid on it or not. Respect me and my property also. Other than that I don't care if you bring children.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 10-13-2013 at 01:20 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 02:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
As a buyer, I would say it's not in your best interest to bring your kids to a showing.

First, there's the possibility that they may break something.

Second, I've been to plenty of showings where the kids are constantly distracting the parents. So, they're not able to get a good look at the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate