Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 06:45 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,626,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Are you having it surveyed first? I would if I were you. No sense in making enemies of neighbors by fighting over land if you don't have the proof to back up your claim. otherwise it's a case of he said/she said.

Or you could just have a friendly conversation asking them why they're mowing your land. Maybe they think they're doing you a favor? Maybe they just don't want to look at an unmowed lawn or maybe they think it belongs to them. At that point, you disagree nicely and tell them you're going to have it surveyed. If it's just the grandson who's mowing your lawn... just talk to him. He probably doesn't even want to mow grandma's lawn let alone yours. He'll stop.

As one poster said above.. don't be confrontational please.
Yes, I said the same thing. Yes, it's been surveyed.

They know it doesn't belong to them because otherwise compulsive grandpa doesn't want a semi circle in his lawn and that's what they have done. He's about straight lines. They know they're on mine because that's where the landscaping changes.

My lawn is mowed. He just likes his shorter and full of weeds so he doesn't have to mow as often.

We talked to both the grandfather and the grandson last summer...fall actually too.

Grandpa's lawn is like 2 feet wide beside mine. A swipe with the riding mower should do it. He's a funny one. Seems very nice, big smile, big wave. But any more than that and he shuts down. Fine with me.

We'll see how the stake thing goes now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate