Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiegambrell View Post
Are they really doing that? Wonder if anyone will mend their ways in one month??
From MSN money:
The program was put together by six of the nation's largest financial institutions, which service almost 50% of the nation's mortgages. The lenders include Citigroup, Countrywide, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Washington Mutual and Wells Fargo.
These lenders say they will contact homeowners who are 90 or more days overdue on their monthly mortgage payments. They will be given the opportunity to put the foreclosure process on pause for 30 days while the lenders try to work out a way to make the mortgages more affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panacasummit View Post
On market 8 months 6 lookers no offers, nice house in desirable neighborhood, just no action here at all.
It is picking up now for us we just got a call for a showing tomorrow. That makes several since the first of the year. I think this is about the time that sales start picking up. I hope so. I have no idea if I posted this but we just dropped the price again and we have some wiggle room for a low offer.I still do not know if I want to go down to that price there are pros and cons going to your rock bottom.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
It is picking up now for us we just got a call for a showing tomorrow. That makes several since the first of the year. I think this is about the time that sales start picking up. I hope so. I have no idea if I posted this but we just dropped the price again and we have some wiggle room for a low offer.I still do not know if I want to go down to that price there are pros and cons going to your rock bottom.
Good Luck tomorrow...we have our open house on Saturday...wish us luck!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Don't you go on the realtors' hot sheet if you lower your price?

All you can do is make the price attractive enough for prospective qualified buyers. People are buying, keep the faith. Hopefully it will work out for you.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Don't you go on the realtors' hot sheet if you lower your price?

All you can do is make the price attractive enough for prospective qualified buyers. People are buying, keep the faith. Hopefully it will work out for you.
Hopefully you are right CouponJack.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good Luck tomorrow...we have our open house on Saturday...wish us luck!
Good luck Saturday dogmom. Good luck to all of us.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Good luck Saturday dogmom. Good luck to all of us.
Well, I will drink to that (even if it's a soda, oh heck I'll have glass of wine)!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:23 PM

Well we had not one but two showings today. Feedback as usual beautiful home, great neighborhood and they both spent at least 1/2 hour here.My realtor said she has no idea whats going on all the feed back to her and to the buyers agents for all our showings is very positive and since the first of the year we have had several showings. She has also said of all their office propertys ours get the most calls. Whats up? Nothing that her team can pin point. Low price , House shows well. Oh well I am just venting. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Well we had not one but two showings today. Feedback as usual beautiful home, great neighborhood and they both spent at least 1/2 hour here.My realtor said she has no idea whats going on all the feed back to her and to the buyers agents for all our showings is very positive and since the first of the year we have had several showings. She has also said of all their office propertys ours get the most calls. Whats up? Nothing that her team can pin point. Low price , House shows well. Oh well I am just venting. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Seems like your close lorriem. Mutliple showings in a short amount of time is a good sign. As you know though there are a ton of houses just like yours in your market. Buyers (the ones that are qualified) are being extremely picky as you can tell...its like that everywhere.

Keep the faith....

Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4change View Post
I know the market is slow, but are people looking at your property?
Thanks.

My house isn't for sale but the house next to mine is. It sat on the market for 10 months becasue it was over priced (It did not match comps in my neighborhood). It is owned by the builder of my neighborhood and used as a rental for many years. He is not desperate to sell but he did finally realize the price was off and lowered price 60 days ago. Traffic increased with lookers almost every weekend. When I came home from work yesterday there was a big SOLD sign in the yard.

I'm looking forward to meeting my new neighbors soon.

~ NRG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate