Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 01:57 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,120,088 times

Advertisements

No not for free for a reduced fee based on the fact its an FSBO and the terms may be different. The issue is some realtors wont do what is in the best interest of their clients because they might not get the fatty check they are used too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Agents don't have to work with someone. If they don't want to show the home they don't have to as long as they aren't violating an agency agreement.

It's not how I would handle it, but that's the beauty of RE is there are many agents working many different ways. You are mad the agent wouldn't show it. Earlier you were mad that I would show but that I'd disclose to the buyer ahead of time they may owe some commission. Basically, what you want is the agent to work for free or next to free? Is that it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:18 PM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
Default you do not get what an employment contract is

If I have an agency agreement with a buyer, s/he knows and has agree to my pay if I am successful in finding, negotiating and closing a property of his/her/their choice.

The Seller's "terms" are not relevant.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:33 PM

That's true if the buyer is foolish enough to sign such a contract. The sellers terms very much should matter, in fact they are all that should matter and should be negotiated on a house by house basis when offers are put in.

Anything else is predatory to pad the brokerages fat salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
If I have an agency agreement with a buyer, s/he knows and has agree to my pay if I am successful in finding, negotiating and closing a property of his/her/their choice.

The Seller's "terms" are not relevant.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:39 PM

Your anger is unwarranted.

I cannot act as an agent without an employment contract. I cannot advise or advocate for the people until they sign an employment agreement. I cannot act for a Seller unless I have an employment agreement.

Brokerages do not get, not do they give "fat salaries" or that business is short lived.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:43 PM

You sign a contract based on that offer, if its an FSBO at 1% you sign on to that or not. This blanket 6 month or one year contract business is foolish.

When I see a house and want to put an offer I will sign a contract, until then why would I sign anything?

You may get suckers to sign something that is not in their best interests but that is predatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Your anger is unwarranted.

I cannot act as an agent without an employment contract. I cannot advise or advocate for the people until they sign an employment agreement. I cannot act for a Seller unless I have an employment agreement.

Brokerages do not get, not do they give "fat salaries" or that business is short lived.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
nevermind, violating my last post!

Old 12-29-2015, 05:55 PM

No, you sign an agreement for representation based on your needs.

The offer you sign will be between you and the Seller. Not you and your need for representation.

I do not agree to work for just any warm body. I am not a public utility. I give first class service, and I am very selective with whom I work with as partners to their real estate transaction. I have had clients, then their kids as clients. I love to work with people who are nice, thoughtful and kind. I treat them like the rockstars they are, and give them rockstar service in return.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:06 PM

can you imagine being the person that ensnares themselves in the never-ending loop of agent-hate by refusing to establish a relationship with any of them based upon their qualifications and recommendations, only to treat whatever agent they wind up with as unworthy and a necessary evil in the process, then finding out the agent doesn't give a crap about them, and thus perpetuating the cycle?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Anytime there are significant amounts of money leaving my pocket its a necessary evil. I am a strong DIY person but the law does not always allow for that and that's when there are issues.

It is hard for me to see value in something that I could otherwise do myself but don't have the time to check off all the boxes the state requires to get my own certs. Trying to compel someone to sign a contract that is not in their best interests is not being treated like a rock star, it is being fleeced with a smile. Now if I can red line the contract and go back and forth until it is a fair and equitable agreement then that's fine, but I wont sign a canned contract put out by the brokerage to maximize their profits off my ignorance and to cover their own rear ends.

I have also heard that there is language in these contracts that absolve the realtor and the brokerage of legal liability, why on earth would I want to release you of that if I am paying out 5 figures? Brokerages get paid enough that they should be absorbing that liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
can you imagine being the person that ensnares themselves in the never-ending loop of agent-hate by refusing to establish a relationship with any of them based upon their qualifications and recommendations, only to treat whatever agent they wind up with as unworthy and a necessary evil in the process, then finding out the agent doesn't give a crap about them, and thus perpetuating the cycle?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:54 PM

what does that have to do with my post beyond morphing "necessary evil" into the outlay of money?

there's not a state in the union that says you HAVE TO use a real estate agent.

Most states will allow you to DIY repairs and improvements on your house without the coinciding trade license. The only problem arises when you go to sell the house, assuming the Buyer obtains a home inspection.

Most states use standardized contracts agreed to by their Bar Association (lawyers) written generally for the protection of the consumer. A Buyer and a Seller are allowed to redact any parts of those forms that they mutually agree upon.

I assume all agents - we do in my state for sure - carry insurance to cover legal liability for when we dally in negligent malpractice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate