Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 12:19 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,727,011 times

Advertisements

My God! Why would they even take pictures with all that extra stuff? The inside looks terrible, although I can see it is a beautiful house. The seller needs to rent a storage room for about half their crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 06:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
What a great price for that place.

Some of you need to learn to see beyond what's not in your taste. I didn't see any clutter either, all I saw was potential.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:49 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
You think that is cluttered - take a look at this. But hurry, it's under contract.https://www.redfin.com/TX/Buda/311-T...RCHnToSJ76A7jM

Old 06-02-2019, 08:52 PM

480 posts, read 316,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breoul View Post
OP. You do not know what clutter is.

That's for sure.

The kitchen is downright busy as another poster said, but not cluttered.

And the houses other people think are fine, some would say 'barren' or 'sterile' or 'cold'. It's all an opinion & preference.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:40 PM

601 posts, read 459,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
You think that is cluttered - take a look at this. But hurry, it's under contract.https://www.redfin.com/TX/Buda/311-T...RCHnToSJ76A7jM
I applaud that person's joie de vivre.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:52 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Oh, my. Did you read this part? "Historical Texans burial plot in front yard."

Old 06-03-2019, 10:37 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
This gorgeous old house just makes me uneasy with all the clutter

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...3-95835#photo0
What about the clutter makes you uneasy? The fact that you're going to have to remove it or that something's hidden underneath it or what?

You know what's worse than clutter? I walked into a duplex about a month ago and there were 17 homeless folks living inside. Urinating in the corners, using the carpet as an ash tray, piled up trash and human waste everywhere. A little clutter is an easy clean up compared to some of the stuff we run into.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:49 AM

38 posts, read 41,339 times
Quote:
OMG! What were they thinking?
If I was the Seller's real estate agent, I would highly advise them to hire a staging professional and the need to tone down the visuals and REMOVE the crap.
Some buyers are able to see pass the furniture and decor but most buyers are not able to get pass this eyesore. Just looking at these pics are a major turnoff to consider setting one foot into this house.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Holy moly.
When we were looking at lake houses last summer there was one that was so full of the elderly owners “collections”, we just couldn’t get a good feel for what the house looked or felt like under all of it. She was clearly quite proud and each room had a theme but it made me want to bolt.
Not a good thing for a potential buyer to want to do.
It sat on the market for year and they finally just took it off the market.

The other weird thing was that it was built out of slump block which is weird for a house on a northern Idaho lake. Very out of place.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,773,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk1234 View Post
OMG! What were they thinking?
If I was the Seller's real estate agent, I would highly advise them to hire a staging professional and the need to tone down the visuals and REMOVE the crap.
Some buyers are able to see pass the furniture and decor but most buyers are not able to get pass this eyesore. Just looking at these pics are a major turnoff to consider setting one foot into this house.

The house is way too cluttered, but is orderly. I would put all the small stuff up to make it look more "open" to potential buyers, picture frames and large knick nacks, and even some of the smaller furniture.

I can't stand that decor at all - but if I were to buy the house, I could paint over all that, especially in the kitchen and bathroom wall. The only thing I like is the color schemes, but I hate all that busy-ness with the kitchen cabinets, it looks very kitsch + more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Oh, my. Did you read this part? "Historical Texans burial plot in front yard."

Hmmmm, burial plots, that's interesting. I've done lots of house-hunting over the years, but never came across a historical family burial plot as part of the property. Assuming the house is in a quiet, desirable area, I don't know if the burial plots would bother me. I'd have to think about that one after I would see if the house itself was to my liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate