Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 AM

409 posts, read 873,891 times

Advertisements

When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom?
We need a top ten list here:
10) They're going to test flush the toilets anyway.
9) When you gotta go... you gotta go.

1) If you were there, and they asked... would you refuse them?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:41 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
When I had a house on the market, I came home to water glasses in the sink, mud tracked on the floor, and unflushed toilets.

The general public I will give a pass to because people are generally ignorant of and/or indifferent to how their actions affect others. But to allow that sort of thing to go on is extremely unprofessional of the real estate agents that brought those people into my house.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:48 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
^^^ This why I was always present when my house was being showed. Agent didn't like it, but since I'm the one who hired her and the one who can fire her, she had to keep her mouth shut.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
I suspect they didn't flush; otherwise, you wouldn't have known.

Yes, they will test flush. Or they should.

As long as they don't leave a floater, I see no problem with it.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I suspect they didn't flush; otherwise, you wouldn't have known.
I close all the toilet lids before leaving the house. I came home and one of the seats was up.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When I had a house on the market, I came home to water glasses in the sink, mud tracked on the floor, and unflushed toilets.

The general public I will give a pass to because people are generally ignorant of and/or indifferent to how their actions affect others. But to allow that sort of thing to go on is extremely unprofessional of the real estate agents that brought those people into my house.
Exactly. I don't like open houses because the agent can't watch them all. But if an agent is bring someone to the house I expect them to keep the viewer in check.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
Quote:
I would at least flush it to see if it works,
along with all other sinks, and showers.

If I took a dump in it I would know if it worked for sure.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Maybe I'm too easy-going, but I don't understand why you would consider it rude if someone used your bathroom. When we were selling our last house, I left coffee and cookies at the open house. What's the big deal? If you were going from house to house I'm sure you might find yourself having to use a bathroom and some people have a condition where, when they have to go, it's imminent.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
I close all the toilet lids before leaving the house. I came home and one of the seats was up.
Yeah, that's proof a man used it. A woman would put the lid down.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate