Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 05:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times

Advertisements

Hey Judy,

Hope you had a good cry, I know I would have if that had happened. Your buyer will come along, it just takes the right person. The more information your agent can find about the road blocks the city put up that turned the last buyer off, the better. This way the next potential buyer will be informed when considering your property. Seems like your agent didn't do their homework, or maybe they weren't properly informed as to the buyer's needs. Do you know what the intended use of your property was for the last buyer, and what was the zoning/other issue? Sorry for your disappointment. It seems to be a recurrent theme on here. Buyer's walking when they say they are going to make an offer. If we ever get an offer, I'm not going to even consider it real until we are at the closing, and the check is in the bank, and has cleared! Try to think about the good in your life, and don't let this get you down.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Oh Judy what a bummer! It all sounded so positive, why didn't he say something sooner to your agent? Hang in the right one will come along.

HDL-Hi there welcome.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:47 AM

51 posts, read 161,450 times
It's so easy to get pessimistic. I know I have had days when I just feel like the house will never sell. I start thinking about all the reasons for a buyer to say, "No thanks."

But, we can't let that negativity get the best of us. We must use the power of gratitude for all the good things in our lives and send out positive thoughts about how bright the future will be.

Isn't it awesome to have found a place to vent about all this? I know it helps me to just think of all of you going through the same process.

And humor never hurts, right? So here's an itty bitty rhyme for today:

Sign in the yard
Did he take a flyer?
Was that a slow drive by?
Will they inquire?

Ad in the paper
Does anyone read it?
My dog's looking grumpy,
Did I forget to feed it?

Neurotically cleaning
The windows are shining.
"Mom's lost her marbles,"
My children are whining.

Someone will love it
They'll stop their search here
Write a great offer
ANd I'll have a BEER!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Default Made to WA

Hi everyone, quick note..got here at 8:30 last night after 12 hrs on the road from Boise. Had a blowout tire just west of Boise, ran over something on the interstate..that set us back about 3 hours..dogs got to ride in the car on a tow truck, that was interesting..I got to go to Fred Meyer across from the tire place to get some money out of the ATM and while there looked around. I love Freddy's..we didnt have them in CA or UT, anyway we got here, on my 2nd cup of coffee..will have some cereal in a bit and try to see what kind of a mess I have on my hands, lol

Anyway, we are here safe but tired. Will catch up with the posts later..hugs)

PS The candlewood suites in Boise was AWESOME. Would stay there again in a minute..FYI

Old 08-14-2008, 08:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Glad you made it safe and sound.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 AM

Rats!!! Judy, I am sooo sorry...Hope you wake up this morning feeling better, I know exactly how I feel.

Ok here is my suggestion. Everyone TELL their agents NOT to even call if they think an offer is coming in. After the grass sniffer fiasco at my place I told him do not call unless the offer is in your hand, Bud. It's too hard to think you are at the end of the nightmare, then nothing...

It's gonna take both of us a while to recover from this experience.

Judy, do you have to sell? I would def. find out what the issues were with the city so you can head that problem off at the pass, if you know what I mean. WE are going to get you to Big Bear, girl..Yes, we are! I am not a poet, but I can cheerlead!

Is your agent at the end of the road with you and hubby...You need someone who is very experienced in commercial property, I don't know...Its like Rothbear and her property..she is out in the country and that takes a whole special marketing...whe we moved from NorCal to Utah 3 years ago, we were selling our 3 acre property in the 'country' just east of Sacramento. We were on the market 5 months and I thought I was losin it then. Our agent, was totally experienced in selling country property..she lived on a country property, had horses, she knew how to market it..but still it's not like selling a city house.

Ok i have to get to work now...Hugs to you...will sit down a little later and get my emails looked at and catch up...Judy, have a margarita and some chocolate, It IS 5 o'clock somewhere, girl! hugs)))

Barb

Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,338 times
Good morning!

Dogmom, I am so glad to see that you have arrived at your new home! Now you can just relax! Well, then there's the unpacking, I know...

We had no showings yesterday, no calls, and nothing scheduled today either... but it has only been 10 days since we listed so I'm determined not to get discouraged.

I'm so glad we have this forum on CD to look to for support for each other. I know it is helping me, and I look forward every day to sharing this experience with each of you.

My prayers for all of the sellers ~ may your perfect buyer come along soon~

And to all of you who have sold ~ whoo-hooo!

Off to clean the house just in case someone calls!

Anita

Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM

99 posts, read 180,300 times
dogmom-- glad you made it home safe and sound How awesome does that sound?

Judy-- how are you this morning?

hdzup3-- good luck with the potential buyers-- I hope they hurry up and decide to put an offer in.

anita-- hopefully things will pick up on the weekend. But i know what you mean about not getting feedback. It's a little frustrating. We had someone call 5pm on Fri asking to see the house iin 5 minutes. Of course we are in the middle of dinner so we scramble to make the house look remotely decent before the showed up and hide in the backyard while they look around. And they have yet to leave feedback. I am just irritated that the agent would be so cavalier about showing up at the last minute and not bother to provide any information back.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We are going down to Houston to see my folks, scout out apartments and schools. Fun times. At least I won't be here wondering if anyone will show up.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 AM

336 posts, read 864,652 times
Barb Welcome to Beautiful Washington State. Not Sure how the weather is going to be up that way I believe you are only an 1.5 hrs away from me here in SW Washington. It is going to be a scorcher here today! You are going to love Freddy's I love it because it is one stop shopping. Well Ladies we are on to another day! Lets bring in some buyers and some offers. Hoping for the best for us all today!

Michelle

Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM

Hi Michelle, probably went right past your place last night..came up through the columbia gorge (gorge short for gorgeous, most beautiful interstate I have ever been on...) and up the 205 through Vancouver..yeah we are only about an hour and half..turn off the 5 at centralia, highway 12 towards Aberdeen...I think the last hour was the worst...so tired.

Dogs are doing pretty good..Carl is going to put up some temp dog fencing tomorriw I hope. It's quite here but we are 2 doors down from the main road..the dogs are still pretty tired so I am not worried and we are taking them out to do their duty on leashes for now..

ok the work is not waiting here...later..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate