Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Barb I just got on the computer but I was talking about the tracking map and Hanna that I saw yesterday on one of my sites. We live in NW NC and the line was showing Hanna right on our area. Here is the site for today it has shifted a bit. It also had us as a tropical depression yesterday but it looks stronger today. Tropical Storm: 5 Day Forecast Map : Weather Underground.
Sorry for the confusion
Lorrie
Hi Lorrie, not a problem, i just looked at the map..yep you are gonna get wet..why is it some parts of the country get NO rain, and others get too much...and I see there are a couple other storms not far on Hanna's backside there.. well that's gonna really mess with your weekend..Hunker down, girl..

Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Painter, that sounds promising..our sale came when I least expected it and had about given up..you never know..Hang in there...
Barb

Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times
Well, we made it to SC all in one piece. Hubby drove the 26' truck filled to the brim and towing the convertible also filled up. I drove my minivan with all but 3 seats taken out and filled up. I stopped to pick up our daughter at the airport on the way through and we had a heck of a time trying to find a place for her suitcase! Hubby was going up hills so slow that we were really getting behind, so I had to stop following him at Wytheville, VA and take off to get to the Charlotte airport. As it was daughter's plane arrived a bit early, so she had to wait for about 1/2 hour. Then, we hired 2 guys to help unload the truck that evening and they took 3 hours to unload what it took us 3 days to pack! But at least we have a real bed to sleep in down here and some chairs to sit on if nothing else. But only about 40% of our stuff is down here.

We took our daughter to afternoon tea on Saturday (for her 25th birthday) and then visited a HUGE wine store!

Speaking of.......dogmom, found the Hogue reisling that you talked about there. I was shocked. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it. I bought a 6 pack of Bacardi Mango Mojitos at WalMart and been working on them. It's really freaking us out to go into a grocery store or drug store and be able to purchase beer, wine and other stuff. Being from PA where everything has to go through the state store or beer distributor, it's really weird.

We haven't heard anything about the house. Cell phone rang last Friday and I didn't get to it in time. Number, I think, was agent's cell but there was no message left, so it must not have been important. Don't care as I am so chilled out down here it's amazing. We have been working like dogs and I'm feeling no stress whatsoever. We have had company, other than daughter, 3 different times and it's great. Of course it would be wonderful to sell that other albatross, but I guess it will happen when it happens. Going back to PA on the 7th, garage sale on the 19-20th, then I'm coming back down either the last week of the month or the first week of October to actually stay. Can't wait!!

I'm hoping that everybody gets sold soon so that we can all move on to our new lives! Take care!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:00 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Well, we made it to SC all in one piece. Hubby drove the 26' truck filled to the brim and towing the convertible also filled up. I drove my minivan with all but 3 seats taken out and filled up. I stopped to pick up our daughter at the airport on the way through and we had a heck of a time trying to find a place for her suitcase! Hubby was going up hills so slow that we were really getting behind, so I had to stop following him at Wytheville, VA and take off to get to the Charlotte airport. As it was daughter's plane arrived a bit early, so she had to wait for about 1/2 hour. Then, we hired 2 guys to help unload the truck that evening and they took 3 hours to unload what it took us 3 days to pack! But at least we have a real bed to sleep in down here and some chairs to sit on if nothing else. But only about 40% of our stuff is down here.

We took our daughter to afternoon tea on Saturday (for her 25th birthday) and then visited a HUGE wine store!

Speaking of.......dogmom, found the Hogue reisling that you talked about there. I was shocked. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it. I bought a 6 pack of Bacardi Mango Mojitos at WalMart and been working on them. It's really freaking us out to go into a grocery store or drug store and be able to purchase beer, wine and other stuff. Being from PA where everything has to go through the state store or beer distributor, it's really weird.

We haven't heard anything about the house. Cell phone rang last Friday and I didn't get to it in time. Number, I think, was agent's cell but there was no message left, so it must not have been important. Don't care as I am so chilled out down here it's amazing. We have been working like dogs and I'm feeling no stress whatsoever. We have had company, other than daughter, 3 different times and it's great. Of course it would be wonderful to sell that other albatross, but I guess it will happen when it happens. Going back to PA on the 7th, garage sale on the 19-20th, then I'm coming back down either the last week of the month or the first week of October to actually stay. Can't wait!!

I'm hoping that everybody gets sold soon so that we can all move on to our new lives! Take care!
Oh Rothbear it is so good to hear from you! I am glad you had a safe trip and enjoying your new home so much and having a good time with your daughter! It must be wonderful having no stress. Enjoy a glass of wine for me and WELCOME BACK!!! Oh yes, once you get settled in we would love to see some pictures of your beautiful new home!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,803 times
hey rothbear. its nice to hear from the other side of things. cant wait to join you. best of luck in your new home!! ya all enjoy yourself now ya hea!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Rothbear so glad you made it safe and you sound more relaxed.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM

Rothbear! You made it! Whoo Hoo...

Cant wait to hear from you after you've tried the Hogue..I know the feeling, in Utah, same thing..have to buy the beer and wine in the state store..we usually brought it in when we went to Vegas or CA though, it was expensive at the state store.

Rest, relax, enjoy your daughter, your PA house WILL sell now that you are more relaxed about it..

Hang tight, enjoy!
Barb

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times
great news rothbear. glad you made it safe and sound.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Wonderful to hear you made it safe and sound, rothbear!

You were very close by the town my husband and I will be moving to when you were in Wytheville, VA. King, NC is just south of there! It's beautiful there, isn't it?

I am so happy for you that you are in your new home! Thanks so much for posting.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Rothbear congrats on gettng to your new home. I am glad that we were not the only ones who bought and moved before we sold but it changes your mindset.Sure you want to sell your other home but you have your new home to fix up and make it yours. Plus when your old home is shown you do not have to clean and get lost for a few hours. That took most of the stress off of us. Enjoy and we are almost neighbors.
Lorrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate