Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

Mawoods-I will lift my glass to you and all of us in an hour and 15!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:32 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Kristine, that is very positive news~! My thougts are with you.

As for us, we had a 2nd showing yesterday but haven't heard anything...

We had another showing today, and the couple seemed to really like the house! They said twice how beautiful it is... we have also had a few people stop and pick up flyers from the box on the lawn...

So... we're keeping our fingers crossed... and keeping the place as clean as possible this weekend... seems to be a busy weekend for house hunting here in So. CA.

Fingers crossed for all of you sellers! Hopefully buyers will come out in force tomorrow!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:46 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Judy I've mentioned this before-last year we had a realtor we were not happy with. Our son told us-"you are the employer here". Let the new one know you are and will be proactive as to their performance. Prayers your way.

I'm not getting my hopes up for an offer-we'll see.

Yes I agree and this time we also will have a clause included in the contract if we are not happy with them they are gone! I also agree with Barb, if they aren't computer savvy they are out of here!

Here is something I wanted to share with you all. It is the new warship the USS New York and the bow stem of the ship was made with 7.5 tons of steel that was melted down from the Worlds Trade Center. The steel workers who poured the steel said they treated it with reverence. It will include special operations against terrorists.
When the bow stem arrived at the foundry Junior Chavers who is foundry operations manager said when he touched it "It made the hairs on my neck stand up straight."

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:00 PM

We lived there then, our son was to be there that day and his meeting was canelled and I will never forget as we lost neighbors and friends. Bless them all.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:15 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
I am so afraid that many have forgot or do not want to remember. I will never forget. I lived in CA then and Gary was on his way to work at 7am CA time. He called me up to wake me up to turn on the TV.My brother worked at the pentagon and then I heard that a plane crashed in to it also it all hit me I could not stop crying (he is my twin). Our gardner who just got his green card saw me that day and he said "I am so sorry". It took me several hours to find out that he was fine and was working on the grounds helping the wounded. (he is a DDS in the Navy). I have saved all of the News Papers of that day for my grandchildren so they will always remember.
Thank you Judy for posting that.

Tried to give you a rep but I have to spread some around.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:17 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
my aunt's husband had breakfast every morning there. that day, he missed the bus, took the next one, got off a stop early to use a bathroom. he was walking towards the building when he saw everything. he's a photographer and had his camera with him. i could only look at the pics for a few seconds. my family is so grateful he missed his first bus. judy, those are great pictures, thank you.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:49 PM

I am glad you all liked the post. I remember crying for days on end and it still brings tears to my eyes every time I remember that awful, fateful, day. I will never understand how people can have so much hate. It seems to me that just taking care of your family, friends, and helping others should take so much time we would have no time to spend wishing others harm. I did not know anyone personally who perished but my heart still broke for everyone who did. It is one of those things in your heart you will never get over, nor should we.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:06 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
My sister's daughter and husband were both suppose to be in NY. Her husband was also scheduled for a meeting at the Pentagon and cancelled the nite before but her daughter was having meetings in the tower the whole week. She had convinced everyone to work late the nite before so they could get back to their homes, she missed her kids. She was standing in her hotel window looking out at the towers while waiting for her car and saw everything. My sister was able to get a call threw to find out she was shook up but ok. She was in shock, kept saying we were suppose to be in there, had night mares for a very long time. NO we will never forget.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM

I also wanted to say we all need to pray for the people in harms way of Gustav.

Crazyma when are you coming back girl, we miss ya!?

Last edited by Judy P.; 08-31-2008 at 07:24 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 04:37 AM

Yes Gustav and Hannah both scary storms.

I still to this day cannot watch the WTC being hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate