Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times

Advertisements

Yes It is the panhandle we are calling home, Pensacola area. I am not overly concerned about it-yet. Wait till Sunday and then I will let you all know, lol. I appreciate all the well wishes too. I like the advance notice for the canes but I hate having to worry for a week in advance, rather nerve racking and the other thing is they stick around for to long. Hanna seems to worry me more than gustov, there is a chance of it hitting the gulf and she will have alot of time to organize.
A realtor told me today that the canes could bring in buyers if it was bad enough. Does this thought fall into the doom and gloom catagory? Part of me says good good and the other part is no no not this way, I dont want damage to someones home to sell mine. Ivan messed things up bad enough for me and once is enough!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
anitajas - Prayers, fingers crossed and pixie dust headed your way that your lookers become buyers!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Yes It is the panhandle we are calling home, Pensacola area. I am not overly concerned about it-yet. Wait till Sunday and then I will let you all know, lol. I appreciate all the well wishes too. I like the advance notice for the canes but I hate having to worry for a week in advance, rather nerve racking and the other thing is they stick around for to long. Hanna seems to worry me more than gustov, there is a chance of it hitting the gulf and she will have alot of time to organize.
A realtor told me today that the canes could bring in buyers if it was bad enough. Does this thought fall into the doom and gloom catagory? Part of me says good good and the other part is no no not this way, I dont want damage to someones home to sell mine. Ivan messed things up bad enough for me and once is enough!
I have to give you all who live with these threats on a continual basis a lot of credit. I am such a chicken I would be packed and out of town before it was anywhere near me. I can't imagine the clean up either. Stay safe my prayers are with you all.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
My husband got a job offer in Florida a couple years ago. (As well as Texas the year after that. We're not interested in living there.) It was for more money, but since it's more expensive down there it really wouldn't have helped us much, if at all. He said no (he better! lol). Too expensive, too many hurricanes and we just aren't interested in living in Florida.

I don't worry when hurricanes come to NC. Well, I worry for the people on the coast once the hurricane is close. But I don't worry for us here in the Triad (Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem). We don't get it as bad and with this drought, we need another hurricane/tropical storm or two to pass over us. Of course, the tornadoes that sometimes come with the hurricanes are scary. But we hardly ever get those. Partly because we hardly ever get hurricanes in this area. There were a couple tornadoes that touched down this week thanks to Fay, but they were small and short-lived.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Default They didn't show, but...

We had a showing scheduled today - they didn't show up! However, we had two other realtors call during the day and ask to show the house!

And...... one of them called a little while after and asked if they could come back tomorrow! I'm trying not to get too excited... but these are the first people who have wanted to come back for a second showing!

Please send good thoughts our way!

Happy Friday, everyone... and may the buyers be out in force this weekend!

Anita

Old 08-29-2008, 06:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Hi Niki
We live in NC also and it seems everytime we have a bad storm WCNC puts a Tornado Watch warning on. We have lived here since late Feb and at least twice a month sometimes more. I never expected that.You also must get the same watches from WCNC and they last for hours plus if you are watching TV forget it since the weather is on during the severe warning. I hated FL but they do have a local station that every 10 min you will get a weather report plus the local news 24/7. Regular programing stays on the other stations with only a banner at the bottom.
BTW never ever would I live in Texas either or FL again.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times
Just got another call for a showing tomorrow. I'm sick of cleaning!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM

336 posts, read 864,561 times
Hey all just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I miss posting everyday and I hope I can get back to normal by tuesday or weds. Well Just talked to our realtor and we did not drop our price this week. Found out its not our price that no one is looking anymore. She said things have been real quiet in the office and no phone calls. The people that have been sitting on the fence that were going to write up are trying to get on the Nehemiah program. I have never heard of this and there realtor said that he is working with all clients that are trying this program but I guess its hard to get approved for it I guess?? I have never heard of it. Says they are still intrested but trying to get approved. So right now we are just sitting untill people start looking again in our area. So we will just keep trucking along and praying something comes our way. If we don't sell by the time our coontract ends in oct we will most likely try and rent out even though I don't want too, but DH has been commuting a year come sept 10th so we really need to do something. Good luck to those who have showings coming up. you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Michelle~

Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Hey all just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I miss posting everyday and I hope I can get back to normal by tuesday or weds. Well Just talked to our realtor and we did not drop our price this week. Found out its not our price that no one is looking anymore. She said things have been real quiet in the office and no phone calls. The people that have been sitting on the fence that were going to write up are trying to get on the Nehemiah program. I have never heard of this and there realtor said that he is working with all clients that are trying this program but I guess its hard to get approved for it I guess?? I have never heard of it. Says they are still intrested but trying to get approved. So right now we are just sitting untill people start looking again in our area. So we will just keep trucking along and praying something comes our way. If we don't sell by the time our coontract ends in oct we will most likely try and rent out even though I don't want too, but DH has been commuting a year come sept 10th so we really need to do something. Good luck to those who have showings coming up. you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Michelle~
Hi Michelle, hopefully things will pick up again soon..I know how hard it is to wait, day after day...i think a lot of the problem is buyers are having such a hard time qualifying and getting loans..Hang in there!
Barb

Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Wow AnitaJ and Brookdale-showings - multiple ones-on a holiday weekend. This could be the ones!!!!!!

Wonder if that program is the new tax incentive one where they get $7500 towards a down payment or something like that. Basically it's a Federal loan that you have to pay back yearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate