Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 05:37 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
tambre - No I am afraid that adorable dog isn't ours. We do plan on getting a mini Doberman or a Boxer ( hubby can't decide which he wants) after we move (if ever at this rate).We decided it would be better to wait till after the move than stress a dog out.
Hey Judy, So what's the latest...with your realtor situation?

Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Hi all-homes here are all different. We'll see-if it was me and I was young like them there's a lot I could do with the extra$$$$. We have 1/2 ac but am open back whereas the other backs to trees.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Good luck to everybody getting some action this weekend. We finally got our feedback from our showing yesterday. We got all excellents and that our house was priced approprately. They must have liked it somewhat because we got excellents. So we will see what happens.

Kristine

Old 08-31-2008, 06:51 AM

Great Kristine! Fingers crossed for an offer.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Good going Kristine! Hope you have some second lookers, and an offer soon. Did anyone else have any feedback from their showings?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:27 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Judy, So what's the latest...with your realtor situation?
Tuesday we start the hunt for a new Realtor. We are not looking forward to it considering our last choice. We asked all the right questions but still ended up a less than desirable Realtor. We will see how it goes and if we can not find a good one we will take the property off the market for awhile. We hate to do that but we are not going to lower it more than $150,000 we already have. We know we need some wiggle room for offers and we are at about rock bottom now, so we will see. Please everyone say a prayer and send pixie dust our way that this time we will get a Realtor who will work for us!

It sounds like you all who had showings so far this holiday weekend are doing good, so hopefully the offers will roll in! TC and GB you all!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:43 AM

Judy I've mentioned this before-last year we had a realtor we were not happy with. Our son told us-"you are the employer here". Let the new one know you are and will be proactive as to their performance. Prayers your way.

I'm not getting my hopes up for an offer-we'll see.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Yea hammy! I wish you the best of luck!!

It can only get better. I asked my realtor why she didn't put ours on Craigslist.....she said, it isn't free, is it? I said, YES!! then all of a sudden she sends her clients an email stating she is putting it on Craiglist and zillow. 2 I mentioned to her just the other day! FOr the frickin commissions they make, I cannot beieve they bitchhh about if something is free or not.
NO calls, no showings, no nuttin for me. I am armed with Windex in my hand at all times... lol..
Have a good Labor day all! We are going to my relatives for a birthday later today.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Yea hammy! I wish you the best of luck!!

It can only get better. I asked my realtor why she didn't put ours on Craigslist.....she said, it isn't free, is it? I said, YES!! then all of a sudden she sends her clients an email stating she is putting it on Craiglist and zillow. 2 I mentioned to her just the other day! FOr the frickin commissions they make, I cannot beieve they bitchhh about if something is free or not.
NO calls, no showings, no nuttin for me. I am armed with Windex in my hand at all times... lol..
Have a good Labor day all! We are going to my relatives for a birthday later today.
I got so tired of cleaning windows, I swear i will never again have a home with windows so low that the dog noses are all over them..

Our agent didn't know what Zillow was, that gave me some pause..I think an important thing to check when interviewing agents is to find out how internet savvy they are..if they don't use, or haven't heard of zillow or craigslist, they are outta there. The internet is probably one of the most important tools to selling.

NJ..sending r.e. dust your way, hope you get a showing, nothing worse than sitting around in a clean house waiting. Just waiting. I couldn't start my scrapbooking or anything that I might make a mess...ugh

Old 08-31-2008, 12:48 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,839,616 times
Hi Everybody,
Sounds like many of you are getting showings and that is great. It is always an encouragement to just have someone look.We just had someone come through that my husband tackled in the front yard. Seriously, they were getting a flyer and he was out on the porch and laughingly told them to please buy our house. They came through and seem to really be interested. HOWEVER, have heard that before so not counting on anything. HOWEVER, we have decided that it is 4 pm somewhere so we are opening that bottle of wine. Cheers to us all!!! and prayers for those in the line of the storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate