Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 03:11 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
ok, im not getting my hopes up just yet, but we finally (drum roll please) have a SHOWING scheduled for wednesday!!! first one in 3 months. im just happy there's something scheduled. pixie dust requested this direction!!!
love the panda baby, by the way!
That's great that you are finally getting a showing here is your pixie dust
( Tink gave you an extra shot )

Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Hey here come the pixies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,489 times
Thanks everyone for the great big welcomes! I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in all this "fun" of selling a house.

I am happy for those of you that have showings. Hopefully, it will generate the offer that we all want!

Just curious-how long have most of you been on the market? I know that real estate varies from location to location. Really, we are in a more rural area( small town) and having had 10 showings in a month was fantastic for us. I didn't think we would get that many. I don't count one showing though because...

I got an email from one of the teachers that I worked with and she wanted to know if we would rent our home out. I stated no because we had to sell and I wanted it perfect each showing. She really pushed hard for me to rent it to her.

Well, I went home to check our house and my neighbor told me that she knew that the agent took them in to see the house. The teacher told them she was interested in buying. The teacher contacted me about renting the house after she saw it. She knew ALL along that she wasn't buying it. -Wasted time.

SC is just so far from Ohio and I hate driving back and forth with a two year old! My husband said it is crazy for me to keep going home every couple of weeks, but I do just to "wipe" things down and vacuum making it smell fresh. Plus, I just want to check on it. I cross my fingers that all of the agents that show the house turn off EVERYTHING and dead bolt the locks. I try not to worry anymore about that one because I did put out a sign.

Now, I have to worry that the trees in the yard don't get blown down because of the heavy storms rolling in this evening! I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't go that far inland!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Welcome raising3boys
This is such a great thread to come to. There is no one saying you have to do this or that to sell the house. It as I am sure you know by now is a place to come for support. A very unique group we have here. Some of us have already sold and we know that we were very lucky but we also know what everyone is going through.
My hubby and I bought a home in NC while our FL home was still for sale and we also would go down there every few weeks to check on it. It got so expensive that we even started to take the 3 dogs with us on the 10 to 11 hr trip instead of boarding them. It just gave us piece of mind making sure all was OK with the pool and the water heater and anything that we felt could happen while we were in our new home. Also a face to face with our realtor would keep her on her toes and she also knew if we came and every light was on she would here about it and infact that did happen. On one of our trips we got to our old house about 10pm and you could see from the out side our whole home inside and that it was empty.
Welcome to the group and there is always a buyer for your house.
Lorrie

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
I noticed that it has been awhile since anyone has sold their home here lately. I prayed a lot for us yesterday and plan on spending more time in prayer today. We all have cleaned, lowered our price, and done everything we can do to bring in that right buyer so I have to believe God will be answering our prayers. We have no choice but to keep on going and as tired as we all are I have to believe that buyer is out there. They just haven't walked through our door yet. I sometimes wonder if they are as tired of looking as we are of waiting for them.
Judy P what a wonderful post and prayers do wonders. I tried to give you a rep but was not allowed so I'll remember this post and when I am allowed to you will get a well deserved rep from me.
Lorrie

Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,839,616 times
Some good news and perhaps some hope for all. After 8 long months, we are signing a contract tomorrow morning. We are not selling anywhere near what we bought it for 2 years ago but I am very grateful for it nevertheless. We are just ready to put this hell behind us and move on. Instead of going to Gulf Shores tomorrow we are heading to the Huntsville area and house shop. Somehow one day we will understand all this but it has been difficult and hard for all of you still. don't lose hope. Every day God's mercies are new and in a heartbeat it can all change. Now I just pray no complications and the inspection goes well. It has been wonderful to read the posts and know that what I was feeling was not unusual. Thanks and we will keep praying.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

What wonderful news Mawoods. I hope that your closing will go smoothly and you find a great new home. I found that the closing believe it or not was much more stressfull then the selling and believe me the selling process was no easy thing. You find yourself so close to the end of the nightmare and just pray that nothing goes wrong but our closing was over a period of two months while the buyer had a hard time getting approved. We knew from the beginning that she might have a problem but she pulled it off and we all including the realtors helped make the sale work. Many prayers where said believe me.
Again congrats mawoods

Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Some good news and perhaps some hope for all. After 8 long months, we are signing a contract tomorrow morning. We are not selling anywhere near what we bought it for 2 years ago but I am very grateful for it nevertheless. We are just ready to put this hell behind us and move on. Instead of going to Gulf Shores tomorrow we are heading to the Huntsville area and house shop. Somehow one day we will understand all this but it has been difficult and hard for all of you still. don't lose hope. Every day God's mercies are new and in a heartbeat it can all change. Now I just pray no complications and the inspection goes well. It has been wonderful to read the posts and know that what I was feeling was not unusual. Thanks and we will keep praying.
What wonderful news! God does answer prayers and I will pray that your closing goes smoothly. Please keep us up to date on how things are going for you!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,489 times
Mawoods that is wonderful to hear! I wish the best of luck finding your new dream home!

Each time that I hear someone else is getting an offer and contract signed allows me that glimmer of hope that we could be next!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
ok, im not getting my hopes up just yet, but we finally (drum roll please) have a SHOWING scheduled for wednesday!!! first one in 3 months. im just happy there's something scheduled. pixie dust requested this direction!!!
love the panda baby, by the way!
Great news on your showing! Pixie dust coming your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post

That is GREAT news!! Congrat's to you!

I got a call on my way home from work that we have a showing tomorrow morning. That makes 3 in 1 week! Pretty dang good since we sat a whole month without any at all!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate