Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Yes I'm bummed but when I saw them heading that way Sat. I figured that's what would happen. Our realtor told theirs that for $42K they could do lots of trees and a fence and have $$ left over.
Damn that really stinks. They couldn't spend extra money to landscape your yard? People don't make sense at times. I feel for ya!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Morning all,

LacyEx - Wow! You would think with $42,000 difference the buyers would be motivated to make an offer on yours and make some changes on their own... I am sad right along with you...

hdzup3 - I cannot believe that your agent is ignoring you! How frustrating for you! I too have asked for info from my realtor and he says that he will get it to me but I'm still waiting... he says that the sales in my area are picking up, and I asked him to provide the details... well... I'm waiting and nothing yet...

sykesfamily - My heart goes out to your little niece! Good to hear that she is safe and near your brother. Hopefully they will be able to return home soon...

We had 2 showings on Friday, a second showing on Sat (first second showing!), one showing on Sunday, and nothing yesterday... we haven't heard anything about the showings. Two of the couples seemed sooooo interested... oh well...

Our realtor did tell us that he is starting to see more sales in our area... so that is encouraging... and we go through tons of flyers from our box in the front yard... so that is a good sign (I hope). We have decided to hold off lowering our price for a little while longer and see what happens.

Lots of good thoughts being sent to all of the sellers... something will happen soon! I'm so glad we have each other to vent to and share with!
Don't you HATE that??? they seem so interested and then poof! they are gone. That's great your realtor is seeing better times ahead with selling now! Hopefully all across the US!!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Thanx all for the encouragement. Hopefully things are turning for us all. Lots of dust and hugs.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
ok.... i called my agent. she got back to me.. said things are really picking up now, and almost all of her properties have shown. (except me.) there was one on for over a year and it just sold. ok, so i guess i ll just have to be patient.
im really starting to fizzle. not really much energy for it anymore. thats probobly when it will happen.

I hear you!! it sucks. It's been a month for me and only 1 call. 1 showing(idiots came when they were already under contract for another house!)1 call from an Indian man who could BARELY speak English. Ovay!!

I asked my realtor why our listing wasn't on Zillow. She said in her email "she gave up" trying to figure it out!that she couldn't get something else to download. Ugh. NICE, huh? And we are paying her 15k commission for what>??> I dare ask.
I don't have my Windex in one hand anymore! this sucks. My house is uper duper clean lol andnot even a soul out there that wants to look at it. YOu could eat off the floors....................I give up!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
LaceyEx - I am so sorry that they didn't choose your house. That really sucks and believe me I know how you feel.
It is great to hear that homes are selling but when it isn't yours it's of little consolation. I know that all of us who are still sitting and waiting with our homes sparkling but our hopes far from it, it is harder each day that goes by. I am trying very hard to be positive and yet when I go to check out homes online that I like in the area I hope to move to and they are no longer there it is really depressing. My hubby tells me that when we are ready to move the right house will be there but I have to wonder if the move is ever coming. I am sorry to sound so down today but as I try to start looking for a new Realtor I realize how very tired I am of this selling mess. TC and GB everyone!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:21 PM

Judy it's disheartening but don't get too down-have hope it will happen and the perfect place will be there for you.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lorrie, I don't know what line you are talking about..let me go to the weather channel website and see if I can figure it out...
Barb I just got on the computer but I was talking about the tracking map and Hanna that I saw yesterday on one of my sites. We live in NW NC and the line was showing Hanna right on our area. Here is the site for today it has shifted a bit. It also had us as a tropical depression yesterday but it looks stronger today. Tropical Storm: 5 Day Forecast Map : Weather Underground.
Sorry for the confusion
Lorrie

Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all just had an e-mail from our agent on our Sat. showing.

They loved our home but like the one around the corner better as it has mature trees and a fenced yard-even tho it's $42,000 more than ours! I don't know about you but I can do a hell of a lot w/$42,000.

Oh well.
Hey Lacey,
Sorry about the buyers not choosing your house. Keep the faith, it will happen, it just takes the right one.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Okay there is no rhyme or reason to the market. You know way back on the pages I was saying that I have had no interest and probably wont because of all the storms brewin'? Well my agent just called and said we actually had someone call to get add't info on my big house this a.m., doesn't mean anything unless they come back with wanting to see it live and in person. I have had not one person in the state call everyone is from out of state. Just thought it was funny that my one and only call comes now. Heres the other thing even if someone wants to buy you can not close when there is a hurricane watch or warning, you cant get insurance. Well unless it is a cash sale like that is gonna happen. Oh well I am crossing fingers, toes and eyes anyway. Just not gonna get excited----yet.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM

Painter-hope it happens! Loads of pixie stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate