Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times

Advertisements

Could it be back to school, etc?

Last night we went to our local "Cheers" and they were saying this is the worst week they have ever experienced. The place which is usually bustling even after the lake folk leave Labor Day was and has been dead since Monday.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:01 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times
I noticed that it has been awhile since anyone has sold their home here lately. I prayed a lot for us yesterday and plan on spending more time in prayer today. We all have cleaned, lowered our price, and done everything we can do to bring in that right buyer so I have to believe God will be answering our prayers. We have no choice but to keep on going and as tired as we all are I have to believe that buyer is out there. They just haven't walked through our door yet. I sometimes wonder if they are as tired of looking as we are of waiting for them.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,770 times
We havn't had any showings since last weekend either...... this morning we lowered our price by a significant amount... I hate to do so, but now we are lower than the guy two doors down and our house is bigger. We did have a house sell in our neighborhood recently... it is on a busy street at the entrance to our track and was priced really low... so maybe that is a good sign... I don't know... just hoping for something to happen soon, as we all are.

My thoughts are with my selling pals here on CD... may we all have offers soon!

Take care, Anita

Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
I have just been lurking at this thread for sometime now. Now, I am going to post because I see that everyone seems to be in the same boat!

Our house went on the market a month ago. We just lowered the price yesterday. Our agent called the day before and said " Great news!" My heart started to race because I thought there would be an offer. Uhm, no!

We had three showings since Saturday she stated. Two people love it. It is a husband's second choice and wife's first. Well, to me good news would be, " HEY WE HAVE A CONTRACT!"

My family and I ( 5 of us!) are in a two bedroom apartment coming from a larger type home. I am back and forth from SC checking on the house. We have just the bare minimum at the apartment. All of our belongings are still in SC.

I wish EVERYONE the quickest sale. For us, we just need and offer then we can leave. We do not even have to be present at closing. We can't even get the offer. Close-but no cigar. We all know close is only good in horseshoes!

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM

336 posts, read 864,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
None here either and no calls for any showings since last week Saturday.
Same here..now showing for me since last saturday and no feedback from it whats so ever.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Same here..now showing for me since last saturday and no feedback from it whats so ever.
Hi everyone,

Likewise...showing last Saturday, realtor came to the door with the buyers hour early, and while standing in the doorway, asked if it would be alright if he showed it to his wife, after the buyers left. We said fine. My realtor has been repeatedly calling him, and no feedback. It would be bad enough if it he just showed it to the buyer, but since he asked a special favor for his wife to see it, you would think he would say something, just to be polite. Oy vai.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Judy, that's a wonderful idea...I am going to make a point today to actually do a 'formal' prayer for you all...I realize how lucky I was to sell. I was looking online and prices in my area have even dropped more..My cousin keeps saying we were so lucky to sell at all, and she is right. Even though we took a financial beating, we were taking a worse beating trying to sell and keep our heads above water. Now I am getting teary.

Anyway, God has a plan for everyone, a buyer is out there, and maybe Judy is right, I can imagine as a buyer how exhausting it is to look at house after house after house, it is one of the biggest decisions someone makes in their life after all...

Good luck everyone, and maybe this be a SELLING weekend!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/graphic-214.gif (broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

Likewise...showing last Saturday, realtor came to the door with the buyers hour early, and while standing in the doorway, asked if it would be alright if he showed it to his wife, after the buyers left. We said fine. My realtor has been repeatedly calling him, and no feedback. It would be bad enough if it he just showed it to the buyer, but since he asked a special favor for his wife to see it, you would think he would say something, just to be polite. Oy vai.
Tambre, sykes and hammy and everyone! Ovay!! what is it with that?3 days ago----the same experience, no feedback, no nothing! At least some constructive criticism! I don't care..
My realtor told me she will put in another call to the realtor for feedback. I think it is sooo unprofessional when another realtor cannot even acknowledge another realtor for feedback on a house!! We have emails, cell phones and telephones out there. This realtor was from "Cold"well banker! ugh. I understand what you are going through.
I told her not even to bother calling this idiot back for the 3rd time. She obviously is a jerk and doesn't know what the word professionalism is!

Oh today my realtor sent me an email and told me there is one house in my development (only 3 bedroom,no basement)which we have 4 bd/2.5/and a basement, said that the house is up for sale FOR 3 *COUNT EM*3 YEARS!!
One other one in our development is under contract and 1 more contingency on it.... most of the ones in my area are up for the past 6 months or so. Prayers out to everyone.

I don't think my St. Joseph statue is working.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times
Welcome raising3boys to Crazyma's Boot Camp, glad you decided to finally post. You will find a wonderful caring group here to help through the good times and the bad. It has been a God's send to me going through this home selling market and I can't begin to tell you how much it has helped to have their support!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
I have just been lurking at this thread for sometime now. Now, I am going to post because I see that everyone seems to be in the same boat!

Our house went on the market a month ago. We just lowered the price yesterday. Our agent called the day before and said " Great news!" My heart started to race because I thought there would be an offer. Uhm, no!

We had three showings since Saturday she stated. Two people love it. It is a husband's second choice and wife's first. Well, to me good news would be, " HEY WE HAVE A CONTRACT!"

My family and I ( 5 of us!) are in a two bedroom apartment coming from a larger type home. I am back and forth from SC checking on the house. We have just the bare minimum at the apartment. All of our belongings are still in SC.

I wish EVERYONE the quickest sale. For us, we just need and offer then we can leave. We do not even have to be present at closing. We can't even get the offer. Close-but no cigar. We all know close is only good in horseshoes!

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!
Welcome raising3boys, this is a wonderful group..wait until CrazyMa gets back from her vacation..but I have to say the rest of us have kept this thread going just fine!

Good luck with your home, we are or have been in the same boat as you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate