Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:38 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
That is totally ridiculous, thank goodness you aren't living in it..10 times?? Ha! That beats my grass sniffers, who came through our house 5x, not to mention how many other homes they dragged their agent through probably at least that much, and ended up buying NOTHING.

You all know my grass sniffers story, if not go back and read my posts mid to late June. We have since sold and moved on, and not to the grass sniffers.

I wonder if they would have traipsed through thre so many time if you were living in it. Doubt it..

LMAO Dogmom-grass sniffers!! I lmao'd on that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
LMAO Dogmom-grass sniffers!! I lmao'd on that one!
NJsocks...yeah, it was probably the wierdest thing I saw during our 10 month ORDEAL. Those folks were nuts. I hope you read the posts, the worst part about selling was having to leave the house with the dogs, especially in June and July when temps average 100..nothing like sitting in a hot car with hot dogs on a hot day waiting for buyers to show up and go through..when they come back over and over it gets a little old..

I need to write a book.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM

147 posts, read 689,371 times
It sounds to me as if these people are looking for a reason NOT to buy it. I know we looked at one house five times, the reason being that we thought it was a good house but there was just something about it that wasn't quite right for us. We were trying to talk ourselves into putting an offer in but deep down we knew that wasn't the right decision.

The house we ended up buying, we looked at four times but that's because we made an offer on a different house in between.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,463 times
A friend in construction, 10 visits???? Hmmmmmm they couldn't possibly be taking measurements and drawing up plans to build one just like yours could they? Hey in todays market nothing would surprise me lol!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 AM

Judy, that would not surprise me, either. Unless they are planning some renovations, that could be a possibility

Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM

22 posts, read 56,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
A friend in construction, 10 visits???? Hmmmmmm they couldn't possibly be taking measurements and drawing up plans to build one just like yours could they? Hey in todays market nothing would surprise me lol!
LOL It makes ya wonder!

Dogmom...I read about the grass sniffers. Freakin' hilarious. I'm just thankful I have some distance to put between me and prospective buyers. I'd be in a nut-house by now I think. But oh to be a fly on the wall and observe some of the crazy stuff they've been doing in there.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Jen..I dd think I was about to lose my mind. 10 long months, you really do give up that time in your life when you could be just relaxing in your home, entertaining, not making the bed if you don't feel like it. It's going to be a while before I want to go through the selling process again, if ever. We are just getting too old for this, and too old to give up any time in our lives!

Hope your looker turns into a buyer this weekend!

)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,494,722 times
Wow. We did go through one house FOUR times. The fourth time another couple and their realtor were walking through at the same time. We ranted and raved about the house and location and said we were considering it......they went strait back and made an offer immediately! I can laugh about it now....my DH says the whole time he was thinking, "Would you just shut up!"

But hey, I helped sell the house!

Dawn

Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,319,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Wow. We did go through one house FOUR times. The fourth time another couple and their realtor were walking through at the same time. We ranted and raved about the house and location and said we were considering it......they went strait back and made an offer immediately! I can laugh about it now....my DH says the whole time he was thinking, "Would you just shut up!"

But hey, I helped sell the house!

Dawn
Are you available this weekend?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:48 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,875 times
Quote:
Hey, that could be a new selling tactic! Set up "staged" buyers to tour the house while the real buyers are touring it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate